Please help meee

Alright have almost completely rewired it. I'm going to put a uni air filter back in it but not the air box lid I need to get a new air filter the one that came in it is trash wouldn't a 300 be to big everything I read says 250-260 is good could I not drop the needle down a notch it's in the middle?

You will never read 250-260 with an fmf pipe. Order a 270,280,290,and 300 main jet. Put the 300 in and plug chop it. Your pilot should be 32.5 and leave the needle in the middle for now.

You are going to have to use the search button bud. There is a lot of information here just waiting to be read. Anything smaller than a 270 main is to lean for an fmf pipe (Unless you ride at 20,000 ft above sea level!)

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor to responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

Before you make the plug chop run it is important that the float level is correct, the idle is set correctly and there are no air leaks in the system, otherwise the smoke ring may lie about the AFR.

WHEN ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE CORRECT PROCEED WITH THE FOLLOWING.

Warm up motor to operating temp.

Fit new B8ES plug, ride through the gears and hold WOT in 5th or 6th gear for 10 seconds, or as long as you can safely.

Switch off the motor and pull in the clutch, apply brakes to come to a stop quickly.

Take the plug out and replace the old one for the ride home.

Carefully cut the threaded end off the plug to expose the insulator.

There should be a smoke ring of a cardboard or biscuit colour around the insulator.

If it is non existant or a very light colour, you are lean and require a larger main jet.

If it is a lot darker you are rich and may go down a size in main.

I prefer to run a little on the darker side, I may loose a little power but it is worth it for the peace of mind that I won't need a rebuild so soon.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/plug-chop-how-vid-48226/

This is a good to go plug.

2wr2fwo.jpg

This one is a little rich, but I would run it, I like to be on the safe side.

plug152mainmediumoi2.jpg

You have to get up a reasonable speed so that you can get the motor to pull strongly.

Then hold it Wide Open Throttle (WOT) for 10 secs or as long as you can.

The idea is not to get speed but to make it pull strong at full throttle to get onto the main jet circuit.

I find I can safely do it on a short run by applying the brakes some.

If you have not enough room you can use 4th or 5th gear with good results.

Alright guys I knew a bigger jet might not be right didn't get a chance to pick up any plugs an I ordered a uni air filter but I put a few layer of panty hose over in it with a little oil I put a 280 jet the plug I'm using is pretty much new has a little bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust when running which is good I hear

I smell freshly minted dollar bills.

Panty hose with a little oil is no substitute for and air filter and will not breathe the same.

Ride no more until you have performed the following.

Leak test, adjust float height, fit jet to suit your mods, fit air filter, adjust idle, plug chop.

This may save a trip to the bank to arrange a loan!

I smell freshly minted dollar bills.

Panty hose with a little oil is no substitute for and air filter and will not breathe the same.

Ride no more until you have performed the following.

Leak test, adjust float height, fit jet to suit your mods, fit air filter, adjust idle, plug chop.

This may save a trip to the bank to arrange a loan!

exactly!!took the words right outta my mouth ..