Please Help !!03 Blaster Starting Problems...

no, the yellow and black wires coming out of the brain connect together, and also the other 2 wires

they were 4 wires coming out of the brain for the tors system ,
the 2 that went to the throttle connect,
and the 2 that went to the carb connect

ok, heres what i see in the pics...wires near the throttle ??? and wire near the carb ????

why do i not see pics of the cdi/tors brain under the hood, thats where the 2 sets of wires are that need connected, coming out of the cdi/tors brain

Last edited:
AWK - your the man!!! I owe you a few beers!!! My baster came to life
on the second kick!!!

Now since I replaced the main jet what do I need to
do to tune it in so it will idle.. I start I have to give it a little throttle if I let go she dies out

Thank much !! Cheers!!

When you removed TORS did you do the idle screw in the carb mod? If so back off the lock nut and turn the screw clockwise until the idle increases.

If you did not do the screw mod, adjust the throttle cable till the idle increases.

Idle up in both cases to a fast idle, now turn the air screw either way in small increments, waiting for a little for the motor to respond.

Adjust air screw for the fastest speed.

Re adjust idle screw/throttle cable for the desired idle.

i'm guessing he deleted the tors, but did not get a tors delete carb cap/cable

the idle adjustment is acessed under the fuel tank, remove the seat, lift rubber flap and look up under the fuel tank, you'll see the remaining tors unit on top of the carb, the big straight blade screw is the idle adjustment, turn it clockwise a little at a time till it will idle
report your results

you may also wanna check your airscrew setting, it is located right behind the fuel inlet of the carb, small brass screw, turn it in lightly till it bottoms out, turn it out 1.5 turns
report your results

and we'll go from there

All, yes I totally removed the TORs system, what I had to do was, the yellow wire with a black stripe along withe the ground spliced together and I was good to go.

I do have the throttle kit installed and have the idled screw tapped in the side of carb..

I will try again but I think Idle screw is almost bottomed out..

Also.. A little black oil from the exhaust is that because the fuel air is way off??

Again.. Thanks for the continues support!

play with that idle screw, and the extra black oil may clear up after running a while, you prolly have a chit-load built up from trying to start it so many times

Don't be overly concerned about the "spooge". As to the idle screw, you might have to tear the carb apart, file/grind the boss where the screw goes in so screw can go further in and still be able to lock the nut, unless yours has a spring. Thourghly clean carb after.

Ok I got it to idle but I had to put the 230 jet back in. No I still can not get any throttle response. I can put it 1st gear and crawl around but everytime I give it gas it bogs down. I adjust the air screw the the throttle cable by still punch the throttle, nothing bogs ..any suggestions???

Dont even dream of running your mods with a #230 main, way, way, way too lean.

The main jet has nothing to do with the idle setting, it may pay to get another look at the carb to see if it is clean and assembled correctly.

Yea, I'm about done... She has been working me, crazy.. Could it be the cable?? I might have to get a professional involved.. But I'm pretty close..

Dont give up, to save us looking back at posts, please list your mods, your problems and what you have tried to get it to run right.

Please be specific to the best of your ability.

No one on here will admit defeat, you, me and us can crack the beastly problem.

Yea, I'm about done... She has been working me, crazy.. Could it be the cable?? I might have to get a professional involved.. But I'm pretty close..

It might be hard to figure it out through a keyboard, but we're better than a "professional" , collectively more hands on experience, and most importantly we care about, maybe even love Blasters. :eek:

Just a though... I didn't make the second splice in the wire harness ?? What color are those wires ? Could that stop it from Reving up?? Ok back to sleep, but had to ask..I will make a list of all the mods and what I have done to date... Thanks... One more round!

Just a though... I didn't make the second splice in the wire harness ?? What color are those wires ? Could that stop it from Reving up?? Ok back to sleep, but had to ask..I will make a list of all the mods and what I have done to date... Thanks... One more round!

That splice could the problem, join em together and try again.

Yellow/Black and Black.

Ok this is what I have done so far:

32:1 Yamalube R 93 Octane (3 gals 12 oz oil)
Added Banshee rear axle
Added EX400 Rear shock
Added FMF Pipe and Core II silencer
Added K&N Air Filter (YA-2088) - Air Box Cover is still attached
Removed Rear Parking Brake
Installed Rear Parking brake Billet
Installed Oil block off kit
Remove TORS System Cluster
Replace TORS System with Throttle Cable and Idle screw (Drilled and Taped Idle screw will go in as far as the lock nut
Replaced 230 Jet with 250 then back to 230 (Present)
Remove wire harness - removed all TORS Wires, Had about 3" of the Yellow w/black stripe from the brain then connected the ground and yellow w/black stripe together and attached the ground.

Did not do any other splicing, wasn't there another set of wires that needed splicing by the carb??
are they the same color? (The wires from the TORS head??)

Hope this helps... I put the 250 back in but my best guess is I didn’t get all the TORS crap spliced... causing the no revving... Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

winner, winner, chicken dinner !!!!!!!
YOU MUST FOLLOW THE 03+ TORS DELETE TO THE LETTER, BOTH SETS OF WIRES MUST BE SPLICED !!!!!

here it is again............
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/03-06-tors-removal-diy-41973/

PUT THE BIGGER MAIN BACK IN IT, ASAP

Glad you hung in there, well done.

Now about the #250 main, it seems a bit small to me, I would say around a #270 would be a better choice..

Plug chop to get the main correct.