Please Help !!03 Blaster Starting Problems...

OIFIII

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Guys, I removed the TORS, added K&N Filter, and FMF Pipe and silencer, mixing 32:1 yamahalube with 93 Octane.. While trying to kick start I only get some good feedback at 3/4 to full throttle.:eek:.. do I need to Jet the carb? if so what do you recommend.. everything else is stock, on the engine.. oh I removed oil injector too.. Please Help!! just rebuilt this from the ground up!!!

thanks much!!!

Yes. You need to jet for the pipe and filter. Did you plug the injection port on the side of the carb? I would also do a leak down test if you had the motor apart.

slick - No wont run or idle at all

Demon 7 - I drilled an Tap as directed for the idle screw.. not sure what you are ref; injection port??? What size jets??

Ken - I will take a look and let you know, i can tell i when through all the wires and bought a the throttle kit...

Thanks much !! a little new at this!!

AWESOME !! Ok First, I will go over the removal of the TORS because I know I didnt splice any wires... I may have to take some pics so I dont screw that up...

Secondly, replacing the the Jets.. Just go to my local Yammy store and ask for a Main jet 250-280... are they going to look at me like a flounder....???

I thought I took all the TORS wire with it when I removed it... still have to spice right?

slick - No wont run or idle at all

Demon 7 - I drilled an Tap as directed for the idle screw.. not sure what you are ref; injection port??? What size jets??

Ken - I will take a look and let you know, i can tell i when through all the wires and bought a the throttle kit...

Thanks much !! a little new at this!!

You said your mixing at 32:1 so I take it you did the oil injection delete mod. Did You plug the port on the side of the carb where the oil line used to connect ?

AWESOME !! Ok First, I will go over the removal of the TORS because I know I didnt splice any wires... I may have to take some pics so I dont screw that up...

Secondly, replacing the the Jets.. Just go to my local Yammy store and ask for a Main jet 250-280... are they going to look at me like a flounder....???

I thought I took all the TORS wire with it when I removed it... still have to spice right?

Yes, The dealer will have them, might want to take out the one that is in your carb now and take it with you so they give you the right one, around here, the counter guys are a joke! Tell them you want a 250, 260, 270 ,280 for a stock blaster carb.

Yes you must splice!

Don't forget to do what demon says plug the port where the oil line went to on the carb!

Demon 7 - Roger that! Check the Carb (No I did not) I only blocked off the engine and rubbers, got it will do that...

Slick - Ok will do, I go through the electrical following the steps above (Splice), and Get the main jet, what am I looking at for the cost of the main jets.. just wondering..

Looks like I have some work to do, I will follow up in a few with some pics too..

Thanks again!

Demon 7 - Roger that! Check the Carb (No I did not) I only blocked off the engine and rubbers, got it will do that...

Slick - Ok will do, I go through the electrical following the steps above (Splice), and Get the main jet, what am I looking at for the cost of the main jets.. just wondering..

Looks like I have some work to do, I will follow up in a few with some pics too..

Thanks again!

From dealer I really don't know, never got them from there , i went on line and bought a bunch. I think probably about $5 each. What you don't use ya may be able to sell on here alot of guys looking for one or to jets.

Ok put in the 250 main jet, blocked off the
Injector hole on the carb, now when I remove the TORs
And added the throttle cable kit I removed all the wires
from it.. so the only thing I have is a single yellow with a black
stripe out of the brain box.. Am I screwed ???

Ok put in the 250 main jet, blocked off the
Injector hole on the carb, now when I remove the TORs
And added the throttle cable kit I removed all the wires
from it.. so the only thing I have is a single yellow with a black
stripe out of the brain box.. Am I screwed ???

where did the other 3 wires for the tors system go that come out of the brain???

on the 03's, you must splice together the 2 wires that went to the throttle switch
and also the 2 that went to the carb,

that fools the brain into thinking the tors system is still connected and working
i believe the link i posted above, shows those wires have connectors right near the brain, and should get cut and spliced on the brain side of those connectors

has the parking brake sensor also been disconnected, i think they just get cut and tape off individually, not spliced together

The brain has all the wire intacted Brain wires.jpg, throttle.jpg, The rear brake sensor is connected... what should I do next?

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 222
  • aftrer.jpg
    aftrer.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 214
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 259
OK, Ill try but I dont have any wire coming out of the throttle ... the brain wires run to the stator and connect... other than the clutch wires, Headlights, off/run wires and rear sensor is it.. nothting else.. I must have to connect something from the stator to the (Yellow and black wire..)