Please Help !!03 Blaster Starting Problems...

AWK - thanks for the reply.. will do, I'll pick up the 270 and 280 and let you know.. the air screw is all the way in or close maybe a 1/4 turn...

AWK - thanks for the reply.. will do, I'll pick up the 270 and 280 and let you know.. the air screw is all the way in or close maybe a 1/4 turn...

1.5 turns out to start
then adjust the airscrew till the motor idles the highest,
allowing 20-30 seconds between 1/4 - 1/2 turns
readjust to proper idle with the idle screw
and fine tune with 1/8th turns for clean revs

Do you think i should start with the 270 first, reset the air screw then try to start it and see where I am at ? or set the air screw with the 260 that is in now but you think that is still too small right?

With the air box lid off, chuck in the #290 main, turn the air screw out 1 1/2 turns, warm it up well, put in a new plug and do a plug chop.

It always pays to jet on the rich side to start with.

Guys here is the lasted UPDATE!!!!

I put the 280 jet in, and for some reason I can get her to idle... I didnt think the jet would impact the idle so, I turn the air screw in all the way and turn it our 1 1/2 turns but still no joy...

It seems to have full throttle but still feels to have a week bottom end.

hope to do a plug chop once I get the idle down...

as always thanks for your input!!! and GO JAGS!!!

the main jet has nothing to do with the idle
you now have a new problem

is the brass washer still under the new main jet ?
carb cap tight and sealed ?

is the brass washer still under the new main jet ? no, I didnt see one it screw on, on top of the plastic I am not sure what it's called... sorry but no brass washer...

carb cap tight and sealed ? Yes

the plastic splash gaurd can actually be pulled off without removing the jet, < it does not hold that on

the brass washer holds the needle jet down into the bottom end, and must be under the main