plastic resoration: the shinemaster way

all you need is some SOS brillo pads water and messed up plastic and alot of elbo grease,MAKE SURE to keep plenty of water on the plastic so you dont scratch them-before and afters
before
977b5329.jpg

after
e5f665e1.jpg

before
451de8d1.jpg
a8c0dc26.jpg

after(did some more scrubbing scince the picture of it on the bike
29ee5562.jpg

9b743000.jpg

05f0acbf.jpg
did you make a custom bracket to install that 03 and up hood and light on the red blaster?

I tried this yesterday using a brillo pad and kept my hose on the plastic the whole time and after it dried the spots a did had a dull white look to it. After that I did the rest of the spots lightly with a wire wheel to get the deeper scratches and gouges out, then I rubbed in a couple coats of armor-al and holy sh*t what a difference. It brought a deep even blue color back out of my plastics, I checked it today to see if it would fade after drying over night and it still looks mint.

I tried this yesterday using a brillo pad and kept my hose on the plastic the whole time and after it dried the spots a did had a dull white look to it. After that I did the rest of the spots lightly with a wire wheel to get the deeper scratches and gouges out, then I rubbed in a couple coats of armor-al and holy sh*t what a difference. It brought a deep even blue color back out of my plastics, I checked it today to see if it would fade after drying over night and it still looks mint.

I was going to amour all it, so your saying it didn't work?!

It took the scratches out but it left a dull white look after my plastics dried. I'm not tryin to put your idea down or nothin I'm not like that, but it didn't work out like I was hopin. Idk if its somethin I did or if it has somethin to do with my plastics being a different color, after I armor aled everything it looked nice but it was rough before the armor-al

I install vinyl siding and I know they use different types of dies for different colored siding, some are colored all the way through and some arnt. Maybe its got somethin to do with that ?

It took the scratches out but it left a dull white look after my plastics dried. I'm not tryin to put your idea down or nothin I'm not like that, but it didn't work out like I was hopin. Idk if its somethin I did or if it has somethin to do with my plastics being a different color, after I armor aled everything it looked nice but it was rough before the armor-al

Too much water? And you gotta do it like your sanding and press hard

Hhhmmm... I may give this a shot, I have white plastics but they are in rather good shape for being 12-13 years old. I was thinking about getting black plastics instead but maybe I'll see how this works first. Great post & good job!