Pipe advice

luvs2jeep

Jan 5, 2011
Mason, WV
Hello all! I have a a FMF silencer and FMF expansion chamber I love the 2 stroke sound and want it louder. What can I do diff pipe or what?

you can get another pipe. but remember different pipes offer different performance.
or you could take the silencer you have now, take the end cap out, cut 2" off the end silencer, put in new packing and it should make it louder. or you can just take out the packing, it will be louder because of this.
but again all of these things will change the performance of the engine. the removing of the silencer can hurt performance.

ive only heard the stock pipe and my dmc exhaust so i dont know the loudness off other exhausts but the dmc one is loud and has a real nice sound heres mine on this video

Last edited by a moderator:
i've got a toomey b1 setup and it's pretty friken loud compared to most in my opinion, it's the definition of a "2 stroke" sound in my book

True that! I run the same on my '05 Blaster and love the exhaust note. It will leave my ears ringing after a good rip around the track; hard to get much louder than that. :D Plus, even though FMF pipes are not bad (much better than stock), you can do better with a Toomey exhaust in terms of performance and, I think, overall sound.

Don't forget to jet! Just my .02.

Yes! Not for the oil injection being gone, but for the new pipe you added. Start with a 260 main and 35 pilot. Do a couple plug chops and see how you're looking. Jetting settings also depend on elevation and air temp, not just engine mods.

you should really always check the jetting when you do something to your engine. maybe because the temp changes which will change the A/F ratio.

True that! I run the same on my '05 Blaster and love the exhaust note. It will leave my ears ringing after a good rip around the track; hard to get much louder than that. :D Plus, even though FMF pipes are not bad (much better than stock), you can do better with a Toomey exhaust in terms of performance and, I think, overall sound.

Don't forget to jet! Just my .02.

fmfs sound great.. there a bit deeper tone than the toomey due to the size of the silencer.. BUT to correct you, fmf pipes are great low/mid pipes for the blaster... nice hard hitting front side, work great for tight trails and general riding.. and can be had cheap.. but we wont turn this into a whats better than what..

dan how do you like that dmc??? i love the sound of the dmc pipes and silencer. how doe they perform??? even though you said all you know is stock and your dmc can you explain its perks and down falls? where in the rpm range it pulls hardest? and so on

you should really always check the jetting when you do something to your engine. maybe because the temp changes which will change the A/F ratio.

i was just thinking about buying one of them infared temp things, do some testing with it, and check rad temps, pipe temps, jugg and head temps. play with jetting and se the temp differances

i was just thinking about buying one of them infared temp things, do some testing with it, and check rad temps, pipe temps, jugg and head temps. play with jetting and se the temp differances

i do that all the time, i really liek to see how the temp change in relation to jetting outside temp and how hard and long the ride was before checking it. my head is usually in the 220 area with the exhaust flange on teh pipe usually reading about 350-400

i do that all the time, i really liek to see how the temp change in relation to jetting outside temp and how hard and long the ride was before checking it. my head is usually in the 220 area with the exhaust flange on teh pipe usually reading about 350-400

mines liquid cooled so my head temps wil be way lower, but pipe temps will tell me alot also.. same with head readings.. i also have enough room i can fit them under the tank and scan down in the cyl to read piston crown temps