Painting pipe?

Searched and didn't find anything on this. Got a used FMF and it's kinda rusty, has been cleaned up some. If I paint it will it just come off?? Use the high temp grill paint? Bad idea??

high temp grill paint for the win lol. you will have to re-do it partway through the season but it holds up good, ive used it a few times lol I:I

i used regular high temp black on my old shearer pipe (from autozone) but it started to slowly burn off like noober said. Looked great tho for a couple months oh and i forgot to high temp clear it too

I used a rattle-can engine paint I found in the Walmart automotive section on a pipe and it turned out fine. Also was much more durable than the Krylon crap I used on the frame.

I like Eastwoods because it has a nice shine to it like a stock pipe unlike grill or some Hi-temp blacks that are flat blacks.
I've done 5 different pipes with it- they all still look good.

Here's some before and after pix.
P9270032.jpg

P6230003.jpg

I just found the stuff I saw before. Its called VHT Flameproof coating, its a ceramic coating in a spray can. It is for temps up to 2000 degrees. I believe it also helps cool the pipe faster once you shut off the engine.