paint or powdercoat?

wireman725

Jul 5, 2010
Indiana
Im getting all info I cam before I tear down and rebulid my 99' blaster. One question I have on the frame is it better to paint or powder coat the frame? I think I'm going neon green fram and orange plastics.

Powder coating will hold up the best.It will chip occasionally in some spots over time but is much easier to clean and will hold up alot better than paint.One thing I have noticed if you powder coat a frame cover the spots where your boots and legs rub with grip tape.Otherwise it will rub off from the boots.

I clear coat with powder to avoid rubbing off over time. It should'nt chip over time if the metal is pretreated right. I've hit my powder coated sample panels with a ball peen hammer and it distorted the metal but it never chipped

I clear coat with powder to avoid rubbing off over time. It should'nt chip over time if the metal is pretreated right. I've hit my powder coated sample panels with a ball peen hammer and it distorted the metal but it never chipped

You are correct,but I have had a few axles,sprocket hubs,etc done and they are prone to chip when rocks hit it time after time thats all I am stating.I have had one frame pc'd for almost 2 years and only spots are where the boots rub and that was cleared also.It is deffinately a much better solution to paint as long as the person doesn't mind paying for it.

dunno how much that would be, but i got all of this done for 175

2dj0xeq.jpg