Paddle tires in Snow!!!!????

lukewozniak2000

Jan 8, 2011
UP NORTH
Well, I have heard that paddle tires are great in the snow, but how good would they work on snowmobile trails here in WI??? I live next to the trails so I would not be riding on the roads much.....how would the paddle treads hold up on nice groomed trails. would they get all beat up or would they be fine???

Any ideas on what ones to get??? I was thinking about the Sand Gecko Paddle Tires......?

Yes they work amazing in powder-type grainy snow. And as for groomed trails I would say it depends on how well packed they are. If they are like dirt I think it would be a rough ride. And up here in PA people use Sand Sharks. They look mean and increase turning because of the paddle construction.

i've heard paddles will dig into the snow and bury you,
"4 SNOWS" are supposed to be the best, the expand and float on top

Another thing that might save you some $$$ is just lowering your tire pressure. I run 1psi in my TA Bandits and I can get anywhere.

dont ride the sled trail unless you want a fine from the dnr.. atvs are not allowed on the sled trails in wi except for old rail road beds made into trails..

paddles work to a extent but they digg so you will sink, 4snows are where its at

no, no. we can ride on the trails as long as it is 28 degrees or below and 10 days after the trails originally open......at least in langlade county.

dont ride the sled trail unless you want a fine from the dnr.. atvs are not allowed on the sled trails in wi except for old rail road beds made into trails..

paddles work to a extent but they digg so you will sink, 4snows are where its at

get a fine as well as an ass kicking from sledders, i myslef got in a little kerfuffle with some retard that thought it would be fun to tear up the trails on a trike

sleders like their trails, leave em for the sleds

I understand the sledders beaf with quads but you have just as many sledders tearing up the trails too........thats why i want to get different tires so i dont tear up the trails.. I got a sled too, so i know what it is like but you got to agree that the sleds do there share part in tearing up the trails without the atvs help.

I understand the sledders beaf with quads but you have just as many sledders tearing up the trails too........thats why i want to get different tires so i dont tear up the trails.. I got a sled too, so i know what it is like but you got to agree that the sleds do there share part in tearing up the trails without the atvs help.

sleds tear the trails in an entirely different way, i flipped my sled commin around a corner when hittin a quad rut, was not pleased, and havnt been since, i understand it is allowed where u are, so go for it, but i woudnt wanna sled there

down here i dont ride em in the winter, but in the summer, YUP, there sitting there gettin over grown with weeds so watya expect lol, ive ran paddles on a friends warrior, they're ok, but they dig, major roost tho

waaaaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
you sled guys are crybabies........... we want groomed trails, and nobody else is allowed to ride them or we'll get our panties all bunched up

you dont hear us strictly quad guys cryin because the bikes rut up our trails
deal with it, like we do

waaaaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
you sled guys are crybabies........... we want groomed trails, and nobody else is allowed to ride them or we'll get our panties all bunched up

you dont hear us strictly quad guys cryin because the bikes rut up our trails
deal with it, like we do

and in sandy trails take the skid plate off the swinger so you dont go from 50 to 5 in .5 seconds like i did at dyracuse lol

im selling a set or sand geckos. maybe you saw my ad if you live near me. they work pretty good in the powdery stuff and great on groomed and packed stuff. but you need some power to pull the higher gears.

I've heard good stuff about 4-snows as well. I've ridden through snow with paddles off a guy's dune bike....kind of a weird feeling on his Raptor, but it hooked up great. I wouldn't recommend them though since I heard he broke the paddles off later that winter on rougher ground and that sh*t gets expensive.

I would get "4 snows" but I cant find a 18x9 size....thats what i want. I really just want something that will hook up great and get the most out of the machine.....