outlaw 450

speedemon17

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
anyone know anything about the outlaw 450 or even rode one... hows the powerband compared to a blaster or z400 thanks for reading just a quick question... i know they are reliable because they are polaris and i have had nothing but good stuff come from them as i can buy a new one as i live next to a dealer any advice would be much appreciated

I raced one on my z400 and i was with him the whole time. he also had an HMF pipe and nerfs. On a MX track

really? you have had good luck with Polaris?

I have never seen anything but problems with them... we had a Polaris outlaw 90 and my 7 year old cousin broke the frame in 7 different places and the swing arm in 3 and he never even jumped it... and a fewe friends have utility Polaris quads and they are never running right.

imo stay as far away from them as possible.

if i get one i am going to keep the motor stock except a fmf pipe and megabomb header but the chassis will never be the same

really? you have had good luck with Polaris?

I have never seen anything but problems with them... we had a Polaris outlaw 90 and my 7 year old cousin broke the frame in 7 different places and the swing arm in 3 and he never even jumped it... and a fewe friends have utility Polaris quads and they are never running right.

imo stay as far away from them as possible.

i had a poalris preadtor 90 for 6 years and rode the sh*t out of it and its still running never went threw the topend i had a polaris sportsman 500 h.o and boy tht was amazing never had a problem with it aswell i rather have a polaris over can am or suzuki or ktm or yamaha but not honda

I would get an LTR YFZ or TRX 450.Thats my opinion. This is a little off topic but my friend had either an outlaw or predator and his transmission blew out on a parade lap. I guess i wouldnt go with them but its up to you

i like the outlaw for many reasons and the yrx yfz dont have those options... no matter what quad u buy it may have problems then again it may not i like polaris because i had good luck with them and they are basically the cheapest 450 on the market and i like it soooo going back to my original question has anyone rode one

Last edited:
Everybody has their luck (good or bad) with quads. I see no problem with Polaris machines. My wife learned to ride on an old 2-stroke Trailboss 250. It was simple, reliable, and never gave me any trouble aside from needing a new battery and some front strut cartridges.

I just put a Scrambler 500 back together this weekend. It sat in pieces for almost a year, having survived sitting outside under a tarp and being moved to a new home twice during this time. After a good fuel system cleaning and a new battery, it started right up and runs well.

I've also had excellent luck with Wisconsin-Robin engines. Fuji Heavy Industries makes both these engines and many of the engines used in Polaris machines.

it is a polaris with a ktm engine... stay far far far away, KTM= Keep Throwing Money, just my opinion, polaris and ktm are on the bottom of my list from some of my friends experiences

I thought the Outlaw and Predator series used KTM engines??? Id like to try one out.

predator had a fuji motor (similar to suzuki, pretty good motor, horrible rear end design.) the outlaw 525 and 450 series used ktm motors, now some people are huge ktm fans, me i cannot stand them, unless its a 300cc 2 stroke ktm bike