Oil in spark plug. Questions.

TheTravMan

Jul 31, 2011
I put new oil in my Blaster and it I ran it for a bit and stalled it. Now it won't start. It has no compression. I took the spark plug out and it was covered in oil. I was wondering how to fix this.

No compression ? Did you do a compression test ? How many psi do you have ?
If you can crank the engine over with the kicker by hand and there's little to no resistance , you need a new top end

Did it run out of oil while riding? If it did , you need a new top end . The results of a compression test will help determine the condition of your engines guts

i put coastal 2 stroke 50:1 oil in the oil tank in the back. Rode the blaster for a bit. it shut off and wouldnt start. i pulled the spark plug out and it was covered in alot of oil. i replaced the spark plug and it still wouldnt start.

what u need to do is get a compression tester and see where ur at for compression, then u need to pull off that tank in the back and get an oil block off kit, its simple to do and inexpensive. but u need to do a comp test and see if u need a top end rebuild

i put coastal 2 stroke 50:1 oil in the oil tank in the back. Rode the blaster for a bit. it shut off and wouldnt start. i pulled the spark plug out and it was covered in alot of oil. i replaced the spark plug and it still wouldnt start.

So you premixed the oil in the rear oil tank?
1. That tank is supposed to be filled with 100% 2 stroke injector oil
2. 2 stroke injector oil ( like the yamalube ) is different than pre-mix oil .
3. Did you mix oil and gas In the rear tank ? If you did , then your gonna need to do a compression test , you'll want to do a leak down test and you will be able to determine the damage done and the condition of the seals in the bottom end .

it sounds like he put straight 2 stroke oil in the oil tank. the oil is just the coastal 50:1 brand. are you sure you didnt run out of gas? if there is oil on the plug, you are getting oil, but maybe not gas. check to make sure you didnt just run out of gas and possibly foul the plug with oil. and do a compression test