OIL DRAIN BOLT STUCK IN MOTOR!!??? hElP PlEaSe

Baxter #53

Jul 29, 2010
indiana
ive got a 98 yamaha blaster. ive inly owned for about a year. when i went to change the oil i realized the guy befor me strippe dout the head on the drain bolt. so i have tried everything to get it out but wont come out so it has to be seized up in there. and ideas for how i should get the oil out so i can change it?.. THANKS

they make special extractors for bolts with stripped heads. it's like a socket but it has teeth that cut into the head of the bolt when you turn it. or a big f'n pair of chanel locks and some strong hands. make sure to have a replacement handy so you don't have to reuse it. A magnetic one is best. it helps keep any little pieces of steel out of the tranny and clutch. you can find those extractor sockets in homedepot, lowe's, sears, most hardware stores.

ive got a 98 yamaha blaster. ive inly owned for about a year. when i went to change the oil i realized the guy befor me strippe dout the head on the drain bolt. so i have tried everything to get it out but wont come out so it has to be seized up in there. and ideas for how i should get the oil out so i can change it?.. THANKS

If it is seized in there, I wouldn't bother removing it. You'll have more of a hassel trying to get it out than it is worth. I'd recommend pulling the clutch cover and drain that way. This will give you a chance to clean it out pretty well with some brake clean, and a chance to check your clutches too. Good luck!

If it is seized in there, I wouldn't bother removing it. You'll have more of a hassel trying to get it out than it is worth. I'd recommend pulling the clutch cover and drain that way. This will give you a chance to clean it out pretty well with some brake clean, and a chance to check your clutches too. Good luck!

ur supposed to change ur clutch cover gasket everytime u pull it tho, that would get expensive

vice grips or a set of these....

bolt-extractors-802.jpg

I can't tell you how many Blaster drain bolts I've had to do surgery on to remove. The design is terrible. The head of the bolt is too small in comparison to the threaded section. When I get them out, I replace them with a grade 5 metric bolt with a 17mm head. You'll never strip that.