Oh no. Don't use cheap chineese parts

Joseph Healy

Dec 22, 2018
I recently rebuilt my 98 blaster. New clynder ,piston, ,rings ,reeds ,toomey exhuast tires, brakes, bearings blah blah Running mint had about 1 and a half hours on it and I heard a pop. Lost most of my power and now hear clunk and clanking from motor. I pulled the head and took out what looked like a piece of the ring. The walls look good though and it still has compression.
20190127_123836.jpg
I hope it's the top end again. I used a cheap chineese kit with the piston and rings and cilyder for 54$. I should have known better . I still have my oem cylinder I'm going to have that bored and use a wiseco piston and rings Such a disappointment While it's off I am going to port and polish it too . A word to the wise. It's not worth trying to cheap out when it comes to the important stuff.like pistons

Reactions: Awk08
That's unfortunate. Personally I would pay to have a new sleeve put in a stock cylinder before I used a Chingchong part.
Don't get the wrong idea, but I'm reporting this thread so Awk can pin (and maybe lock it), so when someone talks top end we can point right to this.
Ken O'CONNOR did a thread about them years ago. He bored it to next oversize and discovered voids in the steel liner. Maybe Awk can find and link or pin that thread also. .

Reactions: OConnor Racing
I have actually had good luck with Chinese top end kits, the ports on the new cylinders come with sharp edges though so I had to chamfer the ports before putting it back together. I suspect a ring might've caught one of your ports. I currently have about 40 hrs on a Chinese eBay top end kit. Always better to use name-brand parts of course but I am cheap. lol

I have actually had good luck with Chinese top end kits, the ports on the new cylinders come with sharp edges though so I had to chamfer the ports before putting it back together. I suspect a ring might've caught one of your ports. I currently have about 40 hrs on a Chinese eBay top end kit. Always better to use name-brand parts of course but I am cheap. lol

Well good for you !! Anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see that you may be one in a hundred, maybe one in a thousand. I'm certainly not going take the chance, and neither should anyone else.
Search this forum and add up all the happy campers and come back and let us know how many that there are. I'll wait right here.

Even all the fakebook groups are the same, even vanished ones.

That's sad when you buy a finished product that has to be fixed buy the purchaser so it can be used. Poor machining practices.
Even poorer to sell. faulty products to people that work hard for their money.

Reactions: CycleTech
Well, when they threaten to take your kidney if you don't produce, you hurry up. And why would the manufacturer even care? Idiots will still buy their junk. After seeing the thread Ken did on a cylinder, I wouldn't even put one on a flipper.

Had to laugh, someone on a fakebook page said he didn't care if he had to replace it every year. But within a short period of time the cost equals quality parts, plus, what if it takes out the crank, or worse yet the cases?

Why anyone would want to use low quality engine parts is beyond me.imo
Pay now or pay later:(

Oo this topic never gets old! Myself and other builders use to preach on the FAKEbook groups for years about the porosity of the sleeves and the aluminum castings themselves weekly! I even bored one on my machine and posted the findings. Still too many hardheads out there to argue with. You wont see me or my business on those BS social media sites again!