now i know why my tranny was acting up and possible smoking problem

dave280zzz

Feb 4, 2008
toledo ohio
In the enclosed photo if you look down in the bottom where the crank is i can see a hole in both sides of the cases where they meet. My blaster previously had a shattered piston in it and apparently i think i just found where some of the pieces went. i was wondering where this hole leads to and My question is if i split the cases and dig out what ever has been causing me shifting problems do i need to replace the cases also. Or can i just replace all the bearings and seals and reassemble,(probably a dumb question) but im just trying to get this thing up and running for as little money as possible. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 22651.jpg
    22651.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 130
yeah looks like you have a nice hole right through your crank. Your going to have to get someone to tig weld up for you and match the cases together to factory specs or buy new cases for both sides and switch your parts around or buy a whole good used bottom end from someone else. buying a whole other good bottom end would most likely be cheaper then getting tig welded and switching parts around and/or paying someone else to do it if you don't know how. dealerships will charge close to $600 to switch around parts in bottom ends like that. you could most likely get a decent bottom end for around $200 or so and then have your bottom end for parts also down the road.

custom is right, have the cases split and go the tig route and seal it up with yamabond and your good to go.