not running right

1999 blaster

Apr 19, 2011
Parker, PA
when i start the blaster it starts and idles then i put it in gear and take off and its fine till about half throttle then it bogs down and pops and makes a weird noise, what could it be?

need a compression tester(pretty cheap at harbor freight) and a leakdown tester. Leakdown tester can be made for like 20 bucks, their is a thread on jow to build one on her, or there is a member that build them and sells them on here for 30 shipped.

it starts and idles good then it pops and i put my hand down by the head and air was coming out of the head everytime it popped idk what it is could it be my gas mixture or what?

it starts and idles good then it pops and i put my hand down by the head and air was coming out of the head everytime it popped idk what it is could it be my gas mixture or what?

sounds like your headgasket is shot.. 10 bucks for a new one I:I

mabey if ur lucky the head bolts are just loose, go check em

i just got all new gaskets and seals and bearings tho and a new piston and rings. it ran perfect yesterday until last night it started this crap.

well first off do not run it with the head gasket leaking that is a very bad idea you will fry a pistion retorque the head and see if there loose at all

Did you check the Fuel Flow out of the pet weiner, The popping sounds like detonation from a lean condition. Lack of fuel plus leaking head cause a serious lean condition. High heat causing detonation blowing the head gasket. I would definitely leakdown test first.