Noob with a ?s about carb.

Moparzac

Feb 3, 2011
Ok I recently bought a 95 blaster. The motor has been bored .050 over and not sure what else. But it's has a different carb. The kid said he thinks it's 36mm but couldn't remember. When he replaced the carb he lost the choke. So it currently needs one. He also removed the tors. The questions I have are should I just get a choke for this carb and run this setup or get a stock setup with the tors. Any advice will be great. Kinda new to the 4 wheeler thing.
4bee9594.jpg

105465ba.jpg

25a00894.jpg

58eba32f.jpg

9d2f3b9f.jpg

ea6d38b4.jpg

dad1f550.jpg

dff7f116.jpg

Last edited:
no way its a 36 on a basically stock quad. that thing would be so boggy take a pic of it and the inside and we will tell you what it is. if it doesnt have the tors dont add one. more problems than its worth

if it doesnt have the tors dont add one. more problems than its worth

amen, dont add a TORS, even if you could find a used one, it would probably be broken or close to broken, and I can't imagine what they would charge for a new one. If the carb on it does turn out to be too big, you can still get a stock blaster carb for cheap on ebay, then instead of running the TORS, just buy a motion pro TORS eliminator kit which comes with a normal carb cap and normal throttle cable, you may have to install an idle screw if the carb you buy does not have one already, but it isnt that hard if you have basic skills with a drill and a tap.

i see no idle screw, or choke, but looks to be in the stock boots ????

Yes there is no idle screw or choke. And they are what I believe to be stock boots. But what I need to know is this carb usable or should I go back to stock. If it's usable how do I go about putting a choke and idle screw on it?

Could you take a few more pics of the carb? I've seen that carb before but I can't think of what it is off the top of my head. Just plop it out and take a pic of the other side and if there are any numbers on it.

Updated original post with pics and the only writing on it was japan, mic, 25m no numbers. I'm
Guesses the 25m means it's a 25 mm carb. Hope this helps you guys out better

to be honest i dont think ive ever seen a carb in worse shape. if i was in ur position i would just buy a stock carb without tors or eliminate it yourself. stock carbs are cheap and eliminator kits are too.

What's so bad about it? And where could I get a cheap carb? I checked eBay and they are going for 50+ then with the tors delete I'd have Like a $100 in a stock carb.

Must have missed that one thanks.
But what makes this carb in such bad shape? I just want to know for future references.

^^ just the overall shape of the carb. It's missing a choke and the airscrew. And where the end would slide into the airboot/airbox connector its all messed up and beat up.

The ends where is slide into the boot is fine. What you see in the pic is dirt from me trying to remove it. It's a a nick or no on there but not as bad as the pic shows it. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but starting in argument I'm just trying to learn and sorry if im coming off as a jerk. I'm still new to the scene and trying to learn as much as I can.

The ends where is slide into the boot is fine. What you see in the pic is dirt from me trying to remove it. It's a a nick or no on there but not as bad as the pic shows it. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but starting in argument I'm just trying to learn and sorry if im coming off as a jerk. I'm still new to the scene and trying to learn as much as I can.

look harder on egay and just pick up a stock carb or mabey even a stock banshee 28mm just be sure to get the one with the choke on it.

Also the carb I have has a cap and cable already on it can I reuse that one or do I have to buy a new one?