Noob here need some advice...

Sabin1269

Feb 19, 2011
Great state of Maine
I just bought a 2004 Blaster that has had some work done, great machine fast and awesome but need some advice/tips. I was told that a shock from a 400ex can be used to replace the crappy one that comes with the Blasters. Is this true and is there a specific model/year that I should look for. Also when I purchased my wheeler the clutch lever including the whole assembly is pretty beat up got it back together and working i didn't know if someone has or could take a picture of the lever/perch with the rubber off so i can see how it should look and also if anyone knows where i can purchase a new/used one since this one is really beyond repair. Thanks for all the help!

Welcome to the forum. The Honda 400ex, Suzuki Z400, Kawasaki KFX400, Can-AmDVX400 all have basically the same shock body and all can be made to work. Also the Honda TRX 250R and Trx 450R, can be used. All of them take a little modding to fit. Check the suspension section. There are a TON of threads on doing it. We all love pics so make sure you post some pics of your Blasty for us to see.

Nice i'm going to look into getting one of those. I need to find a parted out Blaster i guess to get the rest of the assembly though i couldnt even find one through Yamaha. I see the perch has just the one connection for the clutch but mine has 3 with some kind of spring set up.