No throttle response

Blaner

Your Friendly South African Ambassador
Mar 26, 2008
East London, South Africa
hey guys i have a prob. was cruising down the beach last week when suddenly the blaster died, seemed like it had a blocked jet, i had jus filled her up with the last bit of fuel in a drum so i thought a little dirt blocked main jet, she idled but NO response at all.

I stripped mr.carb and cleaned it, no blockage and it still wont rev,only idles with choke by the way, do i need to look at reed valve? any ideas??

Shot dudes!

check ur reeds for cracks and warps mine was doing that and here it was the plastic shield around the main jet feel off and was blockin the floats..

i checked the plug, no hassles there, but it idles so obviously its getting spark, however i found it to be a little white, meaning its getting to much air, could it mayb have a air leak somewhere and that causes not enough vacuum to suck fuel through the main jet cause its sucking air instead? il check reeds tomorrow

Mmm yeah im really thinking its reeds now, took air pipe off back of carb and held a piece of paper on the back of the carb and when you kick its blowing air and fuel backwards, meaning the reeds are not sealing, so somethings is not right there..il check in the morning and keep ya posted