No Clutch?

If it is in neutral, the inner basket should spin (not with the friction plates in however take them out! If it's not, I will tell you what happened to me, I had a similar issue and found that the two washers, that go behind the outer basket, the thicker one was not the right size (thickness) and when I torqued the center nut down it was keeping the inner basket from turning. There are two washers one is super thin and beveled that goes on the shaft first with the bevel (hump) facing you, then the larger (thicker one goes next flatter side towards the motor). I don't know why the motor had the wrong thickness of washer on it but it did, KEN-Oconner helped me figure this out, one evening on the phone- he was able to figure out what the heck the issue was, but now with the correct washer I have no issues!!

I pulled bike bandit oem schematics, ill make sure everything is in its correct place. Hopefully nothing is missing! Seems to be the case on everything with this bike!

ok, i think im just over thinking the shifting, i can run through all the gear but once in a while it gets stuck between 2 gears, i think this is just because i dont have 3 hands to spin everything.

Now for the ball bearing, i tipped her over and tapped on the back side of the motor with a hammer to see if the ball would come out, the slid in an allen wrench to see if i could feel the ball. If FEELS flat, any other way to ensure the ball isnt in there? Bike Bandit shows that ball as a 3/16ths, earlier it was stated a polished ball bearing was used, can i rely on this for everyday riding or do i need to buy the one "for it", its only $0.58 but i would rather head to the hardware store if possible.

Thanks for all the help guys, ball bearing and torquing it all back down and im done with this damn clutch!

A 3/16" ball bearing is all it is. I say polished because some people have said "just drop a BB in there" but BB's are only copper clad and can smush when run hard. It needs to be a hardened, polished, ball bearing but one from the hardware store should work fine.

ok, i think im just over thinking the shifting, i can run through all the gear but once in a while it gets stuck between 2 gears, i think this is just because i dont have 3 hands to spin everything.

Now for the ball bearing, i tipped her over and tapped on the back side of the motor with a hammer to see if the ball would come out, the slid in an allen wrench to see if i could feel the ball. If FEELS flat, any other way to ensure the ball isnt in there? Bike Bandit shows that ball as a 3/16ths, earlier it was stated a polished ball bearing was used, can i rely on this for everyday riding or do i need to buy the one "for it", its only $0.58 but i would rather head to the hardware store if possible.

Thanks for all the help guys, ball bearing and torquing it all back down and im done with this damn clutch!

If you had the quad or motor on it side and tapped on the stator side even with your hand, and it didn't come out I bet it's not in there, but the other rodshould also slide out, maybe there is some sludge in there??? The only other way to be positive is to disassemble it! Ken Oconner also sells them and has them in stock, you can just get one 3/16 from hardware however. The bb usually falls out and rolls away before you even notice it! I'd put one in there and try the adjustment, You will know if there is more than one in there when ya go and get it all back together, That push rod that goes through the pressure plate should have maybe 2-4 threads showing when adjusted properly, if more than that then ya know there is two bb's in there.

If you had the quad or motor on it side and tapped on the stator side even with your hand, and it didn't come out I bet it's not in there, but the other rodshould also slide out, maybe there is some sludge in there??? The only other way to be positive is to disassemble it! Ken Oconner also sells them and has them in stock, you can just get one 3/16 from hardware however. The bb usually falls out and rolls away before you even notice it! I'd put one in there and try the adjustment, You will know if there is more than one in there when ya go and get it all back together, That push rod that goes through the pressure plate should have maybe 2-4 threads showing when adjusted properly, if more than that then ya know there is two bb's in there.

Thanks for the heads up on how many threads should be showing, pick up the bb at Sutherland's Lumber for $0.32 after tax and its right across the street. Ill get it all back together tonight. Last question, the lower clutch cable bracket bolts to the main stud for the jug, does the braket go under the nut or use 2 nuts and sandwich it?

everything is back together, 3/16ths ball bearing in, 3 threads on the adjustment rod, nut went right on. adjust the cable and put the new cable bracket on (under the nut) and i have a working clutch! Thanks for all the help guys, i know there was alot of stupid questions but measure twice, cut once - would rather ask then fire it up for break in and have no clutch!