Nov 1, 2013
Batesville arkansas
I recently found out that there is a track 10 mins from my house. I raced dirt bikes for a long time but have never raced quads. I couldnt jump anything but the table top ( I'm running stock springs) but every time I would hit the table top the quad wanted to rock back in the air. The tack is ran all by dirt bike riders so I don't know if it's just the way the jump is built or just something I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

Based on your mods listed I assume you are running the stock rear shock? My sons would do the same until we swapped the rear shock for the 400EX rear shock and slowed the rebound. Much better now if he lands slight rear first. We still have the stock front shocks on the front so if he lands slightly nose first and hits the gas it will pull the front right back up as the front shocks are so stiff.

every time I would hit the table top the quad wanted to rock back in the air.

try adjusting your throttle right before takeoff, not enough will make it nosedive, too much has it shootin for the moon.
you can also "correct" it's posture in the air, more throttle will raise the nose, tap the rear brakes will drop the nose.
and always land "on the gas"

back in '96, i kept this copy of dirtwheels beside the "chitter" and read it over and over again until "what to do" was burned into my cranium :)...........

http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/Me2/di...=&tier=3&nid=0A4EA69DD9CF46B3BFBD86C1D632042A

Great info Awk.

Body position can be tweaked by simply adjusting the handlebars, so that when standing flat on the pegs your gaze is directly downward towards the handle bar nuts.

This tends to correct the shift of balance as you raise your body to attack the jump.

Always ride and jump in the attack position. Blaasters info is dead on also.
A +2 swinger will help also. Most likely it's body position. You need to keep our head over the bars, knees bent, elbows straight out.

A 2" swinger will allow you to be better able to control the rise of the front wheel as you approach the apex.

It is a fine line between throttle and weight distribution, get it right and all is Hunky Dory, get it wrong, prepare for the consequences.

I have found that when I ride on my own, I usually (not always) get it right.

Add a few noisy bikes to the equasion, I often get it wrong and fly bum down. That's because of excitement and zealous use of the throttle.

This info helped 100%. Went back out and tried again. I wasn't getting far enough forward. Adjusted my handle bars and it did the trick. Thanks guys. Been too long since I raced I guess :)

This info helped 100%. Went back out and tried again. I wasn't getting far enough forward. Adjusted my handle bars and it did the trick. Thanks guys. Been too long since I raced I guess :)

I share your demise, way too long.

Unfortunately I will never race again, I am way past it, it was great fun while it lasted.

I share your demise, way too long.

Unfortunately I will never race again, I am way past it, it was great fun while it lasted.

never say never I:I

coming to a track near you soon ...........

article-2354543-1AA31D24000005DC-287_634x439.jpg

110mph 1/4 mile :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: