New... well used truck lol

zraffz

Jul 26, 2009
Well I finally bought another vehicle... totalled my truck the body guy dicked me around now he told me he doesn't want to fix it anymore. It was $1,900 in body damage through him and everybody else wanted like $4,000.
So I bought this bad boy for $2,000 today.
It needs to be washed, it just got done dominating the stock class mud bog at the local fair. It's got a differenet frame under the truck, no lift and it clears 34's without rubbing (pictures are with the 35 inch swampers).
z71front.jpg

z71side.jpg

z71outlaw2s.jpg

Those are the extra rims I'm getting with the truck, they are 10 inches wide and offset, they should stick out like 3 inches past the body. Motor is the 350 vortec with like 100k miles, all the common aftermarket bolt ons, rebuilt rear with a auburn posi and 3.73's... it moves for a truck.

Truck needs some tender care and love :p
- Passenger door and fender (some little dents in them)
- Steering wheel (airbag deployed previously)
- Rear slider window
- Driver's side mirror
- Truck Visor
- Bed box, bed liner, and push bar (I have these just haven't put them on yet)

good deal bro! is it a 4x4? I have a xtra cab 93'. love chevy's.

Attachments

• Volcano 193-2.jpg
    Volcano 193-2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 126
  • Volcano 203-2.jpg
    Volcano 203-2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 119
Nice truck... Chevy is #1. yeah it's 4x4. It's the 350 Vortec motor with a bunch of bolt ons, it's an animal for what it is.
I can swear it has to weigh in at about 4,000-4,200 lbs and it makes (what I would assume to be) 280-300 horse. It's an animal in the mud from what I hear too, it took 8th overall in the mudbog competition out of like 60 trucks and it won the stock height class I believe.

sounds like the truck is a lot of fun man. wish mine was a 4x4, my daily driver is a 99' gmc safari. always liked the look of these vans so I finally just went ahead and bought one. Used to have a 92 camaro but I gave it to a friend when I moved wish I coulda kept it.

ah it's pretty cool, it did better then alot of the jacked up trucks.. I don't think they realised they need something better then factory gm eaton limited slips to play in mud lol. the truck was almost completely submerged from what I saw, the top of the bed was pretty much under mud.

Nice truck, and why not fix your other truck yourself? I mean will it be hard to find the parts?
Uh I'm not very good with body work other then using bondo and replacing panels. The entire passenger side was side-swipped, it needs a rear quarter panel, door, and bumper... front fender is salvagable with a little bondo. But something is seriously tweaked around the door frame and that's why I won't touch it. Not to mention I really don't want to weld a new quarter on.

hey got any pics of that 70s era scottsdale stepside truck parked near it? and nice to see that someone has the balls to mud a truck with no lift only tires. most of the people think they need a lift to mud.. nah its all traction and power is a good thing to have

No that's not my truck, these pictures are taken at the guy's house... he is a good friend of mine though and I can get pictures. It need a bit of work still, bed is garbage, swapping to 14 bolt front and rear, he's got a set of 38's for it, and the main attraction is the 600+ hp 468 cubic incher that will be sleeping under the hood soon.

This truck sits higher then stock but it's not lifted and the torsion bars are actually lower then stock height (look at the head on picture). It's got a frame out of a '88 pickup I don't see how it's able to fit the 35's under it without any major cutting. Trick with the mud bog is to cover the intake and run the exhaust through the bed. You might lose a ton of power with the intake covered but its better then sucking mud through it.

...and it makes (what I would assume to be) 280-300 horse.

Nope. If its the stock engine that came in the truck its makes about 175 to the wheels stock. Bolt ons will get you to roughly 200. My truck has a 350 H.O. crate engine direct from GM. 330hp at the crank and 380ft. lbs. of torque. If it has an 88 frame its no different than what it came with from GM. 88-98 are all the same, save for a few cosmetic and intake changes.

Nope. If its the stock engine that came in the truck its makes about 175 to the wheels stock. Bolt ons will get you to roughly 200. My truck has a 350 H.O. crate engine direct from GM. 330hp at the crank and 380ft. lbs. of torque. If it has an 88 frame its no different than what it came with from GM. 88-98 are all the same, save for a few cosmetic and intake changes.
It's rated at 255 bhp stock, headers, intake, throttle body space... I dont doubt it could gain around 20-25 hp.

I knwo the frame is no different through those years but this truck sits higher for some reason. Torsion bars are actually lower then factory height too.

Yeah they are pretty mean for what they are... my 2 door yukon was a little piggy and ate the ford tritons like they were breakfast.

Got it clean today, still have a lot of work to do and I probably won't drive it for another week or so. It's running like sh*t and feels like its missing, every time we get on the gas it mists water out the exhaust. Mass air flow sensor was completely caked with mud. It ran fine before the mud bog so the next step is to check the cap and rotor... or maybe it just was wet and that's why it was missing.
z71cleanfront.jpg

z71cleanrear.jpg

z71cleanside.jpg

Can't wait to get the bedliner, box, windows tinted and pushbar on it :)