New Toy For The Shop

OConnor Racing

Mines Bigger
Technician
Dec 1, 2009
CT
www.kenoconnorracing.com
It's a Van Norman Cylinder boring machine. We tested it last night on a core Blaster cylinder I had in the back. It works perfect and cuts dead straight. It has an air over hydraulic feed system, two speed spindle, and a variable rate feed.
11265263_1075400395809509_3171727577669214275_n.jpg
This machine is in like new condition and has very little use on it so it should out live me. The black marks on the table are from spray adhesive. Someone must have thought it was a fancy work bench. The shop I bought it from didn't have any idea how, or if, it worked.

Turn around has been an issue I'm working on. I simply can't do everything myself any more. Tarmo is 100% trained but has a full time job. I started training my son three months ago but it's going to take time to get him up to speed. Some days, the shipping / packing takes three hours. Add the time I spend on the phone, checking e-mail, invoicing, and chasing parts and I don't have much bench time left. My son is going to be the solution but like I said, it's going to take time. I can't sacrifice quality for faster turn around times. Thanks for understanding.