New to Forum... Bought a locked up Blaster today for 140 bucks

If it is a 95, it make sense the rear brake is off since it is a pain to mantain. Congrats on the find and welcome. Awks rear hydro kit is the way to go, I just finished my banshee rear conversion and it was more tedious than expected.

Here is the picture of when I brought it home. The kids are my neighbors boy and my oldest daughter. As you can see it was pretty much stock and to be honest I dont think the guy ever added anything to it. EVEN OIL lol
blaster.jpg

i want those plastics....+1 on the awk rear hydro conversion..if you anywhere near ct ken o'conner can rebuild that for you into a nice fun nasty lil 2stroke (stock piston, trail port, lightened flywheel)

also when doin the oil injection block off your going to need to re-jet the carb, and premix 32:1

Thanks guys. It's pretty clean but it is beat up more in person. I am going to get new wheels and tires for sure.

So I found another blaster that the guy says the engine is good. I am going to look at it tomorrow. he says its not getting fuel but its getting spark. Do you know of anything I can look at on it before I buy or beware of? I am thinking of buying it and piecing together to make one running one. Just let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.

go buy a compression tester at discount auto parts or harbor freight. pull the spark plug on the quad. and screw in the compression tester. hold the throttle wide open and kick it til the guage stops goin up. if it is below 120 psi it is not a "good" motor

I would definitely split that case if the engines already out the extra few hours work could save a lot of money in the long run if there is still pieces down there you could break a inner case.
If your considering painting your frame there's a lot of work involved, I stripped mine and painted it white, I spent a day rubbing it down and after two days at the track it was all chipped, that was using primer then rubing it and then using 2k car paint.

I would consider powder coating it or if you do paint it use frame( a thicker version of Sellotape) it's basically a clear tape that goes over the paint to protect it that you can hardly notice, it lasts me 2 mx races

Thanks for the heads up on the compression tester.. I went and picked one up at Harbor Freight. The blaster only registered 30psi so it was shot. Anyway it saved me 300 bucks. Looks like my best bet at this point is to rebuild what I have. Looks like this week I will be splitting the cases to see what I have.

No it didnt run.. However I am not 100% I did it all right. I took plug out installed the compression testing held throttle in and kick about 10 times and it never climbed above 30psi.. who knows it could be my 20 dollar compression tester that I got at Harbor.

However it did kick over pretty easy.

is it just the flywheel tool and clutch tool I will need to pull the cases? I am actually excited to see if I can pull this off (-: i am sure I can with the help of this site. Its been great so far and I appreciate all the help. I will try to get some pictures posted soon.
photo.jpg

it was small. I am pretty sure I did it all right. I think it was old he said he had never changed the piston and had it for a long time.

The pic above is with the new style hood.

ok you need a flywheel puller, a case splitter(or modified harmonic balancer puller) crank puller/installer tool, and I like having the clutch/flywheel holder tool. makes life much more easy. i did mine 2 times without it. It is worth every penny of 15-20 bux for one on rockymountainatv.com

I also have a gsxr rear brake set up. I plan to fab the mounts myself. Looks fairly straight fwd.