new to blasters, i wanna build it right

alex90

Oct 15, 2010
Dewey, Arizona
hey guys, im new to blasters but not race built atvs or motocross bikes, I recently have traded one of my mx bikes for a 2006 blaster se that is bone stock down to the tires. i dont plan on sinking all my money into this since i have a completely built kfx400 so this will be more of my fun bike. ive already decided on the diamond j +6 kit and i have some Z400 front shocks sittin around but everything else is up in the air and thats where you guys come in. mind you im going more for looks than function this thing will rarely be raced its just gunna be my puttt around quad. so tell me what i should do for a reasonably affordable build that has the sweet looks like some of your hot rods. thanx guys

Well, you can throw a banshee axle on it to widen out the rear end. Its alot cheaper then buying an aftermarket axle. Theres really no limit to what you can do, just depends on how much you want to spend on it

i heard that a stock 400ex rear shock will fit with no alterations, is this true?. as for what im looking to spend on the build i want to keep it with in reason lol im lookin to spend till it looks simular to yours but just cheaper and less functional haha.

you can get an f7 pipe that will add some flash and will also give it a good bit of performance they have the option of a powdercoated color silencer. a nice front bumper will look good. um a new or different rear fender. paint or polish whatever you can.

new pipe silecer mabey take off the air box lid new air filter to wake it up rejet it banshee axle like said and banshee hubs and banshee hubs then get banshee rims and there offset so if u flip them it will make it a little more wider to match that dimamond j kit new tires look better mabey polish your clutch cover the possabltys are endless

to answer your question the 400ex shock will fit but it takes some modding here is a link on the forum http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-put-400ex-shock-4538/ I fully suggest 300ex rear hubs to give you the better bolt pattern and an inch on each side one of my favorite mods and it will cost you very little

300ex rear hubs????????

never heard that they fit....

I would go with the banshee/yfz/warrior/raptor rear hubs. they are a 4/115 pattern and open up a lot of wheel options

i realize i accidentally said it was an se blaster but its just the blue one. sorry about that. but anyways my build has begun. i put on an FMF fatty and power core two, rebuilt the carb, i forgot to photo document as i was doing this, but i will post how she looks right now. just ordered some AC racing nerfs, and a pro design kill switch.
next to come:
Oil injection block off
Maxis Mx tires
Protaper bars
suspension and chassis components---still not set in stone
plastic?

ngbmt1.jpg

I temporarily took the fenders off for installing the pipe.
Should i cut the stock fenders all nice or do the maier racing front plastic?

personally for cut fenders i like the maier racing i don't like cut stock fenders. to tell the truth i like full fenders the most

honestly I would love to keep the full fenders but at 6'2" i cant dive bomb the corners like want because im too big to tuck behind the fender. i like how the maier racing clips make it look like a trx250r :)

as for fluids i have some bottles of belray gear saver synthetic case oil, loved it in my 125s because it wouldnt let the gears slip like some of the other brands can... is this oil ok for the blasty?

by the way who ever is running the oem air filter needs to consider a UNI filter.. holy crap that alone was a big wake up for a few bucks