New SCD racing topend

scotj77

Feb 11, 2010
Orlando, fl
Just got this in the mail today and i'm super stoked about getting it all back together. trying to get my a arms all ironed out before i start on the motor. but heres some pics for you guys.

Here's the head, rechambered and shaved to run a +3 stroker with no spacer plate

2ms39sw.jpg

tripple exhaust ports

qxm901.jpg

b7g9ic.jpg

w7luro.jpg

Intake with boysen ports added

bess5v.jpg

Last edited:
I must say that I am not totally impressed.

It could be because of picture quality but do I see a blemish on the lower left of the exhaust port.

Although the exhaust port exit looks polished it could be a little smoother.

It could be because of picture quality but do I see a blemish on the lower left of the exhaust port.

Yeah, this isn't perfectly smooth. I actually discussed this with Scot before shipping. He has some sort of fancy dancy polisher setup and agreed to work on the port after receiving it.

The marks you're seeing are from the sanding drum I used (220 drum) , you can't even feel them, they're just not perfect polished smooth for the pics! :D

Reactions: dksix

seeing as how this was a FREEI:I job done by civic just to help a bro out I would say it is freakin awesome. After i was screwed by chutzell he offered to help me out. but anyway.... I told him don't worry with making the exhaust port perfect I would finish that off when it got here. He made me aware of the small nick below the exhaust port but he also donated this cylinder so i was willing to take what i could get on a short time crunch before busco. here is a couple shots of the finished product hope this is satisfactory to ya. :eek:

i6jn1w.jpg

2mwccnq.jpg

2nqe136.jpg

while i had all my polishing stuff set up i decided to make the head a little more carbon resistant too. forgot to get some decent pix with my camera before bolting it on but i do have one cell pic

qy6437.jpg

seeing as how this was a FREEI:I job done by civic just to help a bro out I would say it is freakin awesome. After i was screwed by chutzell he offered to help me out. but anyway.... I told him don't worry with making the exhaust port perfect I would finish that off when it got here. He made me aware of the small nick below the exhaust port but he also donated this cylinder so i was willing to take what i could get on a short time crunch before busco. here is a couple shots of the finished product hope this is satisfactory to ya. :eek:

i6jn1w.jpg

2mwccnq.jpg

2nqe136.jpg

I know who i want to polish my parts now haha , Looks Great Scot !!

looks good dude! scd is the man for hooking you up with that work. i know for a fact that it should run like a raped ape.

wow man your too funny!

great port work civic! a lot of people dont even have any idea how hard triple exhaust and or boysen ports are to do this nice. again awesome work man and hooking up another member in need I:I I:I I:I

great port work civic! a lot of people dont even have any idea how hard triple exhaust and or boysen ports are to do this nice. again awesome work man and hooking up another member in need I:I I:I I:I

I absolutely sweat bullets when I go after one with a aviation drill bit and air drill. Until it's all done I can't breathe a full breath.

Reactions: Quadrider10