new member and owner from NJ

Jerzeymike

Dec 6, 2012
new to the forum new to blasters just picked up an 04 off my buddy for a great price everything is fresh and clean just redid the motor hes a reliable buddy of mine im excited to start riding only thing i need is a clutch which i already ordered... basic bolt ons fairly quick excited i deff want to extend and lengthin the quad im a lttle worried that it maybe to small but ive done some research im 5*9 about 190. seen some bigger riders than me on these quads though lol my last quad was a warrior which treated me well but was a tank! looking foward to whipping this thing around

WElcome! Ya alot of us Larger riders out there even 7 foot 300+ giants riding these beasts and we woop up on alot of others! Longer and wider (that's what she said) is best!

im using hte bike for mainly trails deff want to pick up extended swingarm and possibly wheel spacers asap and maybe a 400ex rear shock

Welcome Mike.

Before you whip the little thing around, it would pay to leak test it to make sure it is airtight.

Any freshly aquired 2 stroke should be tested before riding to make sure the new owner does not get any nasty surprises, the process should be repeated at least twice a season.

Welcome Mike.

Before you whip the little thing around, it would pay to leak test it to make sure it is airtight.

Any freshly aquired 2 stroke should be tested before riding to make sure the new owner does not get any nasty surprises, the process should be repeated at least twice a season.

my buddy just had it apart redid the top end about a month quad idles better now then we he got it brand new LOL it runs fantastic first kick everytime very well maintained but thanks for the headsup!

im in central nj edison but my girlfriend lives up north always wondered if their was any riding up north?

how much power does the blaster have compared to a warrior? trying to do a comparison been searching online but everyone says something different wondering what you guys have to say

how much power does the blaster have compared to a warrior? trying to do a comparison been searching online but everyone says something different wondering what you guys have to say

These little monsters will suprize the warrior gang! Easy to double the horses with a few engine improvements and we have the light factor on our side too More balls+lighter quad= win

Last edited:
im in central nj edison but my girlfriend lives up north always wondered if their was any riding up north?

The riding up here is pretty good. I live in sort of a hill-ish area, and anytime I go riding with friends, we go to the power lines, which is all just hills, rocks, mud, you name it

how do you guys feel z400 shock compared to 400ex shock? i can pickup a z400 shock for like ten bucks locally

Welcome! I run an Ltz400 shock and like it. They are almost the same as a 400ex shock. Some people say they are stiffer than a 400ex, but I like mine, and I'm rather light at 180lbs. I say get it!

On another note, what jets are you running in the carburetor? It pays to know, and YES, it matters.

It has a 370 main jet full fmf exhaust vforce 3 reeds Vito's forged super stock top end plus 4 advanced timing and k&n open air filter kit