New lt250R owner

CMcQuay

May 24, 2012
Memphis
Didn't know a 250r other than a honda existed till a few days ago and now I own one. Don't know a whole lot about em other than what I read in the past few days researching. I think it is a 87 it has the longer shocks, motor mount on head, and painted blue. It does have 4 lug rear wheels though but looks like the same pattern as the fronts.

579254_458685564157594_1215359428_n.jpg

cool LT, you must have an early 87 if it still has the 4-bolt rears, as late 87 up to 92 had 5-bolt rears.

good job on getting the legit 250R, hondas are gay

This cleaning of tye powervalve is shenanigans! The two iv had iv never cleaned.. i run oil designed for powervalve dirt bikes though.. pro honda hp2 ;) ... yes the lt is addicting only complaint i have is ether lack of traction or tryin to keep the front end on the ground! !!..

3rd n 4th gear i can give a lil tug kn the bars an burp the throttle without workin the clutch and wheelie threw the gear ;)

Not sure but I think I just ruined my case.

ohshit001.jpg

ohshit003.jpg

And these are the hubs with some kind of adapter for larger pattern.

ohshit004.jpg

ohshit005.jpg

so you tried to pry the flywheel off without a puller. lmao. if that is all you did it's fine. fix it with jb weld and keep ridnin

Whatever you did to break the case.. dont do it again.. yes jb weld it... its not a a blaster you cant.mix.n match case sides.. the bearing journals are line bored so two motors are identical.. meaning if you ise mix match sides you will chew up crank bearings...

Also whats this camber n bump steer mod? Im guessin mine had camber mod done since my front wheels have negitive camber like a quad with aftermarket arms do

Whatever you did to break the case.. dont do it again.. yes jb weld it... its not a a blaster you cant.mix.n match case sides.. the bearing journals are line bored so two motors are identical.. meaning if you ise mix match sides you will chew up crank bearings...

Also whats this camber n bump steer mod? Im guessin mine had camber mod done since my front wheels have negitive camber like a quad with aftermarket arms do

theres a sticky on qrhq in the chassis section. the camber mod it washer spacers on the bottom ball joint. and the bump steer mod is when you switch the peices that the tie rods attach to, switch them side to side and flip them over. both done and found out by dr Q.

I cant get on the forums keeps.tellining me this site may harm my comp.. im lookin at mine.in the garage.. idk whats what but like i said my front tires sit with negitive camber like mx quads with am arms ro and my tie rod mounts curve up