New guy from illinois

yamahablaster19

May 13, 2013
Illinois
I'm David and from Illinois. I've got a 99 blasty. I've already deleted the oil tank and rebuilt the top end. Next is a Vito's +3 stroker crank vforce 3 or 4 reeds either a full fmf or toomey exhaust and hydro brakes. Blasty will be my fiancé's after I get my new quad. Thanks for lookin

Welcome to the addiction!

Welcome to the Forum !!!
And if you want real power go for the VFORCE4 and the TOOMEY exhaust they work great

Thank ya. I was thinking with goin with the vforce4 and toomey. Is there any other upgrade I can do

if you want to "quote" someone when you reply press the button all the way to the right in the quick reply box and then copy and paste what they said

Welcome to the addiction!

Welcome to the Forum !!!
And if you want real power go for the VFORCE4 and the TOOMEY exhaust they work great

Thank ya. I was thinking with goin with the vforce4 and toomey. Is there any other upgrade I can do

timing advance is a very easy and cheap mod that works I:I

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, BE WARNED! making power by advancing timing is a dangerous way to make power, sure it works, but sooner or later you will pay for it and then its not such a cheap mod. Rather ensure the reliability of your motor and make power other ways such as porting and a redesigned head.

sure timing advance can dangerous if it is done incorrectly !!!!!!!!

Yea ill prolly won't do advance timing since I have no idea what to do or anything about it

sure timing advance can dangerous if it is done incorrectly !!!!!!!!

That was 3* not even four. That is my second piston faiure due to mild timing advance.

Sure it worked fantastic for 99% of the time, but give 50km of Africa with dust and sand at 45*C (113*F) pinned flat in third up a mountain and you will begin to realise what I mean.

It is far better and beneficial to change your port timing than to change your ignition timing.

You gain no power from advancing the timing, what you do get is the movement of the power to come on at a lower rev.

I have run +4 for years with no problems but I get my gas at 98 octane from the pump.

Since d fitting a rechambered torodial head I have returned to stock timing.