New Clutch, No Neutral..I'm Freaking Out!!

2001BlasterKiid

Oct 24, 2011
Southern Maryland
It will not go into neutral when switching gears, I click it into first and it stalls, it will shift into neutral but wont go into gear without stalling , i cannot get it! Brand new clutch, fibers,and steels, yes they were soaked, the connecting rod is 1/2 turn out and the clutch cable has some tension but will not let me take off in gear

Hmm... thats weird... This may sound stupid but did you rev a little higher when u click down and try to take off?

Ahh man... Sorry man I'm acutally clueless right now... Thats weird I dont think I've ever even heard of an issue like this...

Did you follow the directions for assembling the clutch? Can't just throw that stuff in any old way. Are you sure the ball bearing is in there? The "BB"?

I see the notch on the arm but not on the case?

Attachments

• IMG_20111221_220952.jpg
    IMG_20111221_220952.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 103
Thanks guy! I'm taking all the disks and fibers out today and going to take out the spring cushion, then im gonna line up the those marks and do the 1/2 out on the push rod again

Make sure the ball is in there!! Even if you have to stick a magnet to a phillips and stick in and pull it out just to be SURE it is in there.

Where exactly is this ball? Im taking little bits from everybody and ive had it apart like 7 times and just cant seem to get it. I just need detailed instructions somewhere on here, and to make it worse my dad thinks he knows everything! but it doesnt work for him and he just yells at me, so I really want to get this put together and working, i just wanna ride and stop listening to him yell