new clutch help

badluck91

Sep 10, 2010
new iberia louisian
I recently got a 02 blaster from i guy i know and it wasnt running or anything.. it has carbon reed, dk if its bored, has a bills pipe.. i recently got it up and running with everything fine started riding it and it just died.. so i changed the jets to 270, and the pilot to 35, put a brand new dp racing clutches in and cleaned everything up.. so i go to start it and nothing happends so i figured id pull start it, got it running and it kinda ran like sh*t but as i go to tke off i hear a loud noise put it back under the shop take off the clutch cover and 2 of the springs and screws with the peices to hold them on snapped off.. can anyone tell me the soulution to this damn bike, as im getting highly peed off at all of this..X(

you won't be making it to the track. unless you can get a clutch boss by tomorrow. you are saying that you snapped off the alluminum that the spring bolts screw into right. you must have overtightened them and damaged them or they were too loose and backed out hit the cluch cover and snapped them off.

do all this with the cable disconnected at the hand lever so it doesnt effect the internal adjustment, open her up, again!!!, loosen the locknut and screw, back it out a little, (the adjustment shaft in the middle of the clutch basket) then where the cable connects to the motor lever,theres a notch that lines up, look on the engine lever for the little point and a mark on the case, line these up, make sure it doesnt move while adjusting, a freind would be good here, then move to the other side, tighten the rod in with a small straight screwdriver till you feel it touch, then i think i read somewhere to back it off 1/2 a turn,then tighten the locknut, <<<<definately use locktite here, mine almost came loose, and thats disaster, then reconnect the cable to the hand lever, and adjust your slack i also did this with the wheels off the ground, so i could spin them with the clutch lever pulled in,to see if the wheels spun free, or if there was engine lag as i released it, before i put it all back together

try this. i stole it from a post from a guy who is banned so i guess it is ok to steal it

how much would someone chare to do all this for me?? i have no idea on what to do with clutches i followed all the instuctions watched a video on it and im better on engine wize not drivetrain..

don't be a chicken it's not that hard just takes a little pacients. so what all damage did you do. you didn't explain. step one. go on ebay and order a service manual. it walks you through everything. it helps to study it a bit before you start the job if you aren't familliar with what you are doing. i have a clymers manual and i really like it

cracked the clutch boss, it het the case and scrathed it up a lil bit, 2 broken springs and 2 broken mounts.. i have the reg stock springs would they work when i get a boss and basket cover?

boss and pressure plate is what you are talking about I would guess. yes to the springs. i have heard of guys runnin a couple of stock springs with a heavy duty cluch to ease up the tention a bit. I would look on bikebandit.com if i were you. I would also replace the pushrod that goes through the pressure plate too just incase it bent alittle. but thats just a suggestion. you are lookin at around 60-70 bucks i think. I just bought all that same stuff not long ago.

good luck man let me know how it turns out. pm me if you have any questions along the way but i am done for tonight. later
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not sure just thought you might have with the situation. take it apart and look. i'll check in late tonight or tomorrow.

well this was my first time ever messing with a cluch, so idk what any of that means.. heres a pic of the damage
Image.jpg