New Blaster Set-up---jetting-needle position-gasmix help

fouchis

Dec 16, 2015
Wrightsville, PA
I'm new to Blasters and looking for a ball park set-up for jetting, needle position, gas-mix, and air box lid(on or off).

Here's the mods so far:

FMF fatty with power core 2,
oil injection delete,
K&N air filter,
TORS delete - motion pro- using stock carb,
Boyesen reeds,
altitude 0-2000ft,
temp 40 degrees,

Any help is appreciated.

Chris
1998 Blaster

Last edited:
Stock float height, 32.5 pilot and needle.

You'll need to tune airscrew for highest idle, start @ 1.5 turns out.

Needle clip in middle slot to start, possibly drop clip one position (raise needle to richen) for those temps/alt. ? Tune by feel/sound or 1/2 throttle plug chops.

Buy 290-310 mains, start large and plug chop down.

There are stickied tuning guides at the top of the carb section explaining most of those mentioned above

Stock float height, 32.5 pilot and needle.

You'll need to tune airscrew for highest idle, start @ 1.5 turns out.

Needle clip in middle slot to start, possibly drop clip one position (raise needle to richen) for those temps/alt. ? Tune by feel/sound or 1/2 throttle plug chops.

Buy 290-310 mains, start large and plug chop down.

There are stickied tuning guides at the top of the carb section explaining most of those mentioned above

Thanks for the info. Where you at in PA? I'm in Wrightsville - between York and Lancaster.

Can anyone give adVice i have 03 blaster
V4 reeds 29mm carb , fmf exhaust setup. Aftermarket air filter. I havr jet kits i order. Dyno jet kits to be exact. Whats the best jetting to have ! Please and thank you if anyone can help
I live in orlando fl

Can anyone give adVice i have 03 blaster
V4 reeds 29mm carb , fmf exhaust setup. Aftermarket air filter. I havr jet kits i order. Dyno jet kits to be exact. Whats the best jetting to have ! Please and thank you if anyone can help
I live in orlando fl

you should have asked before you ordered the DynoJet kit, they're useless and rarely contain the jets required, and the needles are garbage too.
where and why did you get a 29mm carb ? mikuni or keihin ?
the stock carb is best for stockish to mildly modded engines

you should have asked before you ordered the DynoJet kit, they're useless and rarely contain the jets required, and the needles are garbage too.
where and why did you get a 29mm carb ? mikuni or keihin ?
the stock carb is best for stockish to mildly modded engines
Best jets to buy ?