Help!!! Jetting isn't right

Chad Kooienga

Apr 16, 2020
My blaster is an 04 with tors delete, has 65.94mm Piston brand new hone and bore to match cylinder. Airbox delete. Has fmf gold series fatty pipe with an fmf turbine core silencer and reeds of unknown origian. Question 1 is what should jetting be for the pipe and silencer, bored motor and direct air filter to carb?
Question 2 is what reeds would be best for the pipe and motor? It has stock boot with what seems to be vforce reeds I will send a picture later. It idled fine and is running a little rich now but it won't idle down smoothly.

Setup
Pilot 32.5
Main 280
Air screw 1 turn out
Pilot air screw stock
Needle clip position on the third.

My blaster is an 04 with tors delete, has 65.94mm Piston brand new hone and bore to match cylinder. Airbox delete. Has fmf gold series fatty pipe with an fmf turbine core silencer and reeds of unknown origian. Question 1 is what should jetting be for the pipe and silencer, bored motor and direct air filter to carb?
Question 2 is what reeds would be best for the pipe and motor? It has stock boot with what seems to be vforce reeds I will send a picture later. It idled fine and is running a little rich now but it won't idle down smoothly.

Setup
Pilot 32.5
Main 280
Air screw 1 turn out
Pilot air screw stock
Needle clip position on the third.
As for jetting your in the ball park 270-300. It depends on altitude temperature.you have to plugchop to confirm main jet size. The reed cage will say v-force. On it if they are v-force reeds. There is only one air screw.
For idle.Throttle cable adjustment is not to tight?Need slight play so it doesn't hold. Throttle open. If throttle lingers and then comes down you could have an air leak. The filter directly on the carb is not a good idea for anything that is driven off road imo.water,dirt,mud,stinky air from your foot being right there:D. Do you still have airbox?

Last edited:
Proven fact direct air cleaner doesn’t work that well, for some reason. My theory would be air turbulence. Simply put the air doesn’t have time to “straighten out (turbulence). I don’t recall what symptoms others have had,

Yeah no I don't it's all been hack job cut out. I'm working on the quad for my uncle and he bought it for like 500. It holds good air seal though.

I'm going to richen out my needle and hope that helps first. I am thinking sincey pipe doesn't have a tight seal it pulling in cold air there. But a leak down tester only test the flange not the pipe to the header flange

The reeds in it have the vforce style but are just a gray plastic with stick Reed boot ground down inside

Any one know jetting on 68 mm bore Yamaha blaster
What carb?what mods do you have? If stock carb confirm main jetting with plug chop. Rejetting is not always required from 66mm to 68. But should be checked.stock pilot, needle in the middle position, float height set correctly.clean carb and air filter.

What carb?what mods do you have? If stock carb confirm main jetting with plug chop. Rejetting is not always required from 66mm to 68. But should be checked.stock pilot, needle in the middle position, float height set correctly.clean carb and air filter.
Stock pipe,foam afterm market air filter,68mm piston, 35mm carb

Stock pipe,foam afterm market air filter,68mm piston, 35mm carb
With stock pipe ect. That carb is to big.a 35 is ussualy used on a modded motor and 72mm big bores. The bike will be faster with the stock carb. According to your mods
Sorry:(