New Blaster project/need help plus parts.Thanks

Color Schemes?

• Total voters

blaster750

Mar 7, 2011
Centerville, IA
I recently scored a 98 blasty on a trade deal for some old audio equipment i had lying around.Had maybe $50 into audio, so this is technically a $50 blaster. Quad is in really rough cosmetic shape. Plastics are just beat to hell. I dont think theres a spot that dont have a zip tie or rivet.lol. frame needs redone but is straight with no bends/cracks/welds. So far i already have shee shocks, front and rear,rearend&axle, shee spindles and disc brake set up, shee rear plastics. I traded some old toomeys from my 99 shee for a brand new, never used/installed and unopened, wiseco crank kit. Im still trying to chase down a stock bore, good jug tht might need honed at worst, and aftermarket exhaust system. Im gonna try to trade off my hoard of shee parts for this blasty project to get what it needs. If you guys have any help let me know. Advice, help with parts, anything. I appreciate it.my last blaster project had to be sold prematurly before i could finish it. Thanks again guys.Will post pics later today.

Unless you get a jug with piston I wouldn't put a new piston in a worn bore unless it was near perfect. Spend the $50 to bore it and be perfect.

attn: Larry's Shee....I have a jug but its already at 67mm and i plan on having the jug bored up again. I just want a back up jug incase i ruin this one later. Mine has some bad scouring in it and might even need resleaved. The orignal piston rings were welded to piston practically and the piston its self was scoured to hell and the rings tore apart when i pulled them from the piston.Thanks man.

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

Looks like a good start, that's the same crank that I ran in my old motor. It worked pretty well, especially at the price point.

I head to oskaloosa every few weekends, let me know if you want some help

Absolutely.I always need help man. right now my girls mojave is torn down for paint. my buddys mojave is at my place getting a fresh top end in it. my kfx 400, i gotta regrease all my bushings cause my aftermarket a-arms have no grease certs. then i have project blaster going.lol. theres plenty to do in my garage. come down sometime and ill take you out riding at my friends gncc track..plus his short course.lol

Thier new douglas' with itp holeshots.Still have nipples on them.lol. the fronts are really dirty but look like they will clean up well. I thinking about putting my carbon hypers off my kfx when i get it all done. Im gonna run the IATVHSS this year on the kfx and its so wide t barely fit through some spots so im putting aluminums back on it. 100_0465.jpg

100_0467.jpg

009.jpg

I was leaning torwards the orange/chrome/black/white scheme anyways. But figured i take a poll to make sure i was heading with the better colors.lol. But i do like both schemes.Thanks everyone who's polled so far.

I'm thinking about grabbing up some new wheels/tires, maybe just tires and try to run with IATVHSS sometime too. I'll have to see if I can half-ass keep up with that kfx sometime!

you can try..lol. the kfx is a 440 bbk,stage 2 web cams, hot rod crank, timing has been tinkered with a bit, full yoshi exhaust, wiseco high comp piston, dyna cdi, +2+1 american a-arms, LPC +1 swinger, lonestar +2 axle plus the sprocket and rotor hubs and lock nuts, elka remote res rear shock,Fronts are stockers.lol Fat bars, Asr levers,Hyper carbon fiber beadlocks. Ive got grey mier race plastics on it right now. Both hoods are carbon fiber, one is a number hood, the other is for the lights, has a generic tether kill switch..Works good though. Its a very snappy machine, causes me lots of whip lash.lol this will be my first year ever racing so im excited. I practice with Jeff Inman And Ryan Sales and John Inman.jeff and ryan are past champs in iatvhss.

yeah, i need to get myself a stabilizer and some a arms. can't wait to get the new setup out in the woods

Ive always wondered howd a blaster would do running trails all day. I was always scared of overheating my old one. Or the motor getting caked in mud and getting to hot.lol. Let me know when your gonna be down.going riding sunday.