New Blaster... How am I looking?

chad55

Mar 4, 2012
Hello everybody. My name is Chad and I am going to pick up my first blaster in the morning. The bike has a vito's big bore kit, fat bastard exhaust, force reeds, 26mm carb, and pod air filter. Thats about all thats done with the motor. I am also trying to get the rdz drag pipe he has for it. Just kinda wondering what kind of numbers I am looking at right there? I mean I'm taking it to sand dunes with me on it 6' 185lbs. will it have any trouble making it up the hills and stuff? Also I feel like thats a good start on the motor work, anything else you would recommend?

definitely go with a bigger carb! that 26mm is going to choke that thing. I would go with a 35pwk on a motor like that.

if you get that top end ported, you'll have absolutely no problem climbing hills and duning

26MM carb is a step down from the stock 28mm, I think stock is 28. Looks like a pretty good set-up. Ask him what his jetting is at. If he says anything under 250, don't buy it because the jetting would be way to small for the mods.

It should be able to carry you around just fine on the dunes. Getting that big bore ported and polished would make that quad scream!

If I'm not mistaken the vito's kit comes with a ported sleeve doesn't it? So you say put a 35mm carb on it?

26MM carb is a step down from the stock 28mm, I think stock is 28. Looks like a pretty good set-up. Ask him what his jetting is at. If he says anything under 250, don't buy it because the jetting would be way to small for the mods.

It should be able to carry you around just fine on the dunes. Getting that big bore ported and polished would make that quad scream!

stock is 26mm, not 28mm.

see if you can do a compression test on it when you go, just to ensure the general health of the motor. you'll want to see something close to 120 on a motor that has been run for a while

stock is 26mm, not 28mm.

see if you can do a compression test on it when you go, just to ensure the general health of the motor. you'll want to see something close to 120 on a motor that has been run for a while

Right, my mistake. 35mm carb is a must! Stock 26 is choking off precious power.

I don't have a compression gauge... I'm going to have to try and gauge to seller honestly. I'm pretty good at reading through people's bullshit so I think I will do ok. Anyone have an estimate what kinda hp numbers it should be putting out with what is on it or if I get a 35mm carb?

an RDZ drag pipe is an out of frame if i'm not mistaken.. thats not what you want on a dunes bike.. stay inframe... the OOF will get beat up. they hang right out where they are prone to damage. as for an unported vito240 and a fat bastard pipe.. no way to realy tell what the HP is without tossing it on a dyno... but let be honest.. the HP rating really isn't all that important. ride it.. if you like it buy it.. if it's a balless slow turd... walk away. porting a 240 jug is gonna help alot. really at 6' 185lbs your a little big for a blaster anyway..

Is this the ad: Race Ready Yamaha Blaster

His horsepower and torque claims seem pretty far out to me considering its a stock carb. This ad also says "bored to 240" not that it has a big bore kit, alot of people think that a .040 over stock jug makes it a 240. I would be very concerned about this seller. Definitly look this quad over very good and if your dont know much about quads, bring someone who is with you to look at it.

If that is the add, I can see thru his B.S. and I'm at least 30 miles form him :eek:
No way on God's green earth will a Blaster engine spin 15,000 rpm, Course Troy is close to Anus Kennedy :D.

That is not a $2000 machine. Look around here, someone posted comparison pics of various 240 cyl. Can't imajine someone building a 240 using a stock carb

Quote from the Ad.

"With current mods it can safely reach nearly 15,000 RPM producing 127 FT LBS of tourque and currently pushing near 50 HP to the wheels."

I am not going to swallow that statement!

Sound very fishy.

If you put a 35mm carb, changed the jetting, and stroked it it might to 15K rpm lol. and that bike with a 28 might be..... 43 horsies on a good day. as far as 127 ftlbs of tourque, at 50 horse the calculation sounds about right. So say it is a 43 horse you COULD still be near the power of a small 4 cylinder car engine. and that is still high.

BTW all of this is based on math and what you have said. beyond that 15k may or may not be possible even with the a stroker kit. I could see it happening, there are very few engines that go that high tho, engines of ANY type.

If you put a 35mm carb, changed the jetting, and stroked it it might to 15K rpm lol. and that bike with a 28 might be..... 43 horsies on a good day. as far as 127 ftlbs of tourque, at 50 horse the calculation sounds about right. So say it is a 43 horse you COULD still be near the power of a small 4 cylinder car engine. and that is still high.

BTW all of this is based on math and what you have said. beyond that 15k may or may not be possible even with the a stroker kit. I could see it happening, there are very few engines that go that high tho, engines of ANY type.

Bro these motors are gonna do 15K rpm it would fall apart! 10K is pushing it! Even with tured/welded/balanced crank!