New Banner Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZRider76

Feb 23, 2012
WNY
Seems lately, there are a lot of posts that are attempting to negate good sound advice. Usually this is fun to sit back with a bowl of ice cream or popcorn and follow, but I think to the noobs, it gets a little hectic and discouraging. Sure, it is up to the people asking the questions to decipher the information the way they want, but who do they know is more consistent with advice? Yeah, they should be looking at the Rep Power, the Banners and the Reputation, but to someone looking for advice, that might not all make sense.

So, I'm placing a suggestion to come up with a new Banner. One that will represent people who have been around for a while, give good sound advice on a consistent basis and will give the OP a good idea of what advice they should be following. As far as what to call it, I'm not positive, but maybe it could be "MECHANIC" or "OPERATOR"...you know, someone who you always ask advice too. I know that is close to TECHNICIAN, but I see that as more of person who makes parts or has contacts. I'm also thinking this should be a Banner that is given to someone who logs in for a certain amount of hours a day, and one that is voted on by the general public...making it a democracy.

Sound off about this and add your $.02. Open to suggestions on the name, maybe how many people should be in that "group" and if you would be willing to become one should this suggestion come to fruition.

Not a bad idea, I like banners. I imagine that, like you said, technician would be for that purpose.

Yeah, but you don't see Technicians on here a lot. I'm thinking "Advance General Support"...but that is a bit long.

or maybe badges made up that are in your sig. like when royalt67 was around that dude new every in and out of the electrical on the blasty, so for him just a flashy little sign that says electrical expert.

i like that idea! ive noticed that when i post questions about stuff, its always the same ppl who help, and i trust them, but sometime i get other ppl to try and help, but i have never seen them before on the forum, or like anything like that. y dont u put of a poll?

Seems like a good idea! but maybe anyone who is voted trustworthy to give good answers should get a different color name instead of green

I was thinking this too, Technicians become YELLOW.

No test, this is for.....oooooh, here we go....."TRUSTWORTHY"....that's the shizzle right there....and maybe have the letters flash with different colors to attract attention.

How do you poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.