New Banner Suggestion Poll

Should we have a "TRUSTWORTHY" banner for response confidence?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EZRider76

Feb 23, 2012
WNY
Should we create a new banner for under usernames so we know who is trustworthy with the suggestions they offer?

This comes at lots of questionable post wars lately and I think it will give the newbies a good idea of who is more trustworthy with their responses.

I'm suggesting the banner be called "TRUSTWORTHY" and have graphics that draw attention. I'm also thinking the people with this banner should be voted on by the general public and someone who has log time almost everyday.

What do you think about the suggestion? Yes or No.

only problem are a lot of people that "think" they know the answers. Not saying i'm not one of them but this will just create more conflict. everyones expiriences has shaped the way they view motor problems and how they diagnose them. Most of the time we never figured out who was right anyway

only problem are a lot of people that "think" they know the answers. Not saying i'm not one of them but this will just create more conflict. everyones expiriences has shaped the way they view motor problems and how they diagnose them. Most of the time we never figured out who was right anyway

That's true. I can think of a couple of people right off the top of my head, who would have an issue with that. It's still a good idea, there's just no real way to test for reliability, unless you individually question people about who has given them the most usable and accurate advice...

yea but at least they/we would give helpful advise, and not the oppisite. or somehting tha twill damage their motor or somehting.

Yeah, I'm looking at this for reliability from users. It would have to be democratic, we vote them in, we vote them out. I think we all could vote someone to hold the Banner/Badge just by the responses we read, we know if it is bubkus or not. If we don't know, but 5 other people respond the same way or say, I agree with ^^^^, then we know that fella is trustworthy....that's what this is all about. Then, when someone argues with that person, the OP can at least look at the Badge and see that that person was voted by a public committee as a trustworthy individual....and the other person is not. The technicians are the guys that can get real specific though, these guys are just general forum guys.

Yes, but new users don't always recognize the Rep, and at the same time, Rep isn't always shared...IMO. And you can't always give the same guy more rep, you have to spread it around.

I think this idea would limit the people that would want to help. Most answers and advice are nothing more then a shot in the dark do to the limited info given in the first place.

The vast majority of the responses on here ARE trustworthy... Very rarely is help given that is truly dangerous. When it is, the overwhelming majority of responses will let anyone who's watching know that the incorrect response shouldn't be listened to.

NBOLDMAN, Don't ever apologize for yourself, you have sound reasons. I respect your option to be a nonconformist even though others are voting for the suggestion. And who knows, maybe the Admins will shoot the idea down, maybe they won't. Only one way to find out, that's why I am polling.

BD7, I don't think it will slow anyone down from helping, man's nature is to help or hurt, never sit on the sideline...but IMO it will help a newb recognize who has credibility better. As for the limited information, yeah, that's pretty annoying at times, but we (if I can include myself in such a group) as experienced or seasoned members, need to be the ones to be patient and ask the questions to get the information that is NEEDED to help diagnose the problem. Too many times a lot of guys just shoot from the hip with solutions and never ask for supporting evidence. I think for the most part, these little bikes are so simple, for the most part, that there is a relatively manageable checklist of items to troubleshoot. God knows they have been around long enough, and She hasn't created any new problems that could be had with a Blaster. Again, I support your decision to say Nay.

The vast majority of the responses on here ARE trustworthy... Very rarely is help given that is truly dangerous. When it is, the overwhelming majority of responses will let anyone who's watching know that the incorrect response shouldn't be listened to.

I can't agree with that 100%, I've seen some jibberish lately...unfortunately I've been directly involved, as disappointed as I am in myself for that. Anyhow, the jibberish did lead to confusion...and made it difficult to get the poster back on track.

Regardless, thank you for chiming in, shows we are getting good coverage from all spectrums of expertise. It feels good to know that this won't be a landslide of conformity just because it sounded like a good idea....not that that is what all the Yes's are.

Just so it is clear, I DO NOT want a trustworthy badge under my name. There is way too much I still need to learn about 2-Strokes. Not too mention, if you haven't noticed, I like to be sarcastic too often and screw around....that would be bad representation to a group of Trustworthy individuals, that are general bloggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.