New Airbox

smiley7661

Dec 30, 2008
I just bought a quad for my son, and the person that I bought it from put on non stock plastics and made his own airbox. Well the mounting failed and I ended up sucking up sand when the hose pulled off the carb. So I am looking to get something a little better built, does anyone know if banshe or raptor stuff can be made to fit, or do I have to get an aluminum aftermarket?

I think you'll have to go with either an aluminum airbox or stock blaster plastic. If you go with an aluminum one, you can get either a project blaster or a cfm one, both are nice and worth the money, imo.

You can fab anything to work, just make sure your craftsman skills are there. Thats the reason the other failed, poor installation my guess. The FactorySeven/Project Blaster one is really nice though and guaranteed to fit and install.

The one that the kid made is ok, it is just really light aluminum and the mounting leaves something to be desired...

Cool.. I think that I will try to find one on ebay or something

Thanks for your help

i made my own airbox
100_3034.jpg

100_3036.jpg

holy crap. nice enginuity. (i can't speel) i am guessing you made a cover for dirty conditions?

this brings somewhat of a question to my mind. what are the benefits of an aftermarket airbox?