New 2 quad racing, need advice

youre going to have to find a pretty slow 450 rider if you want to compete on that. get some shocks, not works theyre terrible, elka or race tech are good on blasters, i still run race techs on my 450 in pro. you need a killswitch, nerfs, a different bumper and working brokes to pass tech. a gripper seat cover is a HUGE unless you like monkey butt. If i were you id clean it up real nice, sell it, and find a used 450. youll end up dumping more money into this thing thatn you will buying a stock 450 and riding it.

no, the 450s have a massive advantage, 4 strokes have big tourque, which a yz250 engine wont have in a quad frame. also, theres 20 extra years worth of suspension geometry and handling technology in modern day 450s. it can be done, but you will have to be a MUCH better rider than they are, and dump between 1500 and 3 grand into your setup, tahs a-arms, shocks, an axle, swingarm, a better seat etc.

ok thanx alot guys. im already working on a wide kit for the front, shocks from the yfz450 im looking into. i have the nerf bars already, n lowering the quad as we speak.

if i think i knwo what ur talking about for a widening kit, i wouldn't do the diamond j kit, it is ok for trails and stuff, but mx will crush it

i got the idea from that kit yes, but i work in a fabrication shop so im changing it a bit so it will def be stronger n no problem for a mx track. also thinking about a longer swingarm, any thoughts on what a good lenth is?

for 500 bucks i'd have bought that too. may not be the best thing for what you wanna use it for but i bet it's still fun to ride.

i got the idea from that kit yes, but i work in a fabrication shop so im changing it a bit so it will def be stronger n no problem for a mx track. also thinking about a longer swingarm, any thoughts on what a good lenth is?

Obviously, you have a motor that should keep up with the 450s, I've seen a 250R (and a good rider) that could walk all over at least stock 450s. The problem is suspension, as has been mentioned. If you can fab, then lenthening the stock swingarm should be no prob, +3' has worked well for me. You will want at least solid block spacers in the rear, a wide axle is better. It looks like you have an N-Style gripper seat cover.

Shocks and A-arms are where the money should go. At least +3, +1 A-arms, long travel are better. The long travel kit would allow YFZ shocks, which would save a little money. Even standard travel a-arms would be an improvement over a widening kit, you still get more wheel travel.

A rear shock with adjustable compression and rebound, Works, Elkas, etc. But it has to be bought with the extended swing arm in mind, the extra length needs more spring.

Without suspension, you will be very sorry.

i got a basket case blastere for 100 bucks and it had all works shocks that are dual rate they run bout 500 bucks but there really nice i havent got the rest of it so i only have the frount and you dont feel bumps in the frount but the back stock shock sucks

im new too so far all i know is that they generally make the classes equal so u should be fine on that but u need nerf bars number plates and a kill switch...i think the 400 shocks r good for the front but u might want something with more rebound for the bigger jumps and whoops...good luck