New 2 quad racing, need advice

YZBlast11

Dec 3, 2010
Flemington, NJ
I bought a 89 blaster wit a YZ250 engine in it. put a FMF Gnarly w/shorty muffler, nerf bars, +2 arms, +2 axle, +4 swingarm. anything else i need 2 be able to keep up wit the 450s? the quad seems alot taller than other race quads, is that a huge problem?

if your thinking about racing at least get some works shocks front and back. if you just gonna go have fun then some works front and a 250r or 400ex rear should do alright. but if money is no issue look into elka's.

what class would you be in with a blaster with a yz250 motor in it?

its 400ex shocks front n rear. im not sure what class that would put me in, hoped someone could tell me what class it is. im totally new 2 racing quads n bikes.

what type of racing you doing?
because i know my xc class you could do the 251cc or below.
some have just 2stroke class, then there is open, and many have cc classes, and 251 is the normal cut off, sometime you will see 350

im having trouble gettin the pix to post here, still working on it tho.
im no quad expert so im just going from what the kid told me when i bought it, he said 400ex shocks n idk if its true or not. handles ok on small jumps so far, but still in first n second gear

load your picture to photobucket then post the

i hate to tell yah, but those are stock a arms, but its a niice lookin quad, i have any pic=s of the motor mounts, and stuff, i loooove hybrids

thanx 4 the info on the a-arms. i figured the guy was tryin 2 pull a fast one on me when i bought it. but it was $500 and kinda ran when i bought it. it just needed some care n the carb tuned.

thanx 4 the comment on the bumper. i run a cnc plasma table at work, so i do alot of my own fab work on my toys, the rear bumper i also made.