Nerf Bars????

xjma

What exactly are they for?? Why does everyone seem to want them?? I thought that they were required for racing...right? To catch your feet and such. But unless I'm missing something, don't they just get in the way for the rest of us who don't race?? I would imagine they'd get you hung up on a lot of stuff that you otherwise would slide right by or over without them.

got them on Blaster #2 (project no pics yet) and i didnt like riding with them. size 13 didnt work to well with them kinda just got in the way

I understand they're required in racing, for safety reasons....but why would a recreational rider, someone who rides in the woods, want to run nerf bars?? Seems to me like they just get in the way and help yo get hung up on stuff??? No?

i got a set just incase my foot slipped off the peg an the tyre would eat my leg which wouldnt be to nice. i was also talking to a man who races and i seen his leg where he broke it which made me get a set also. i like them they make the quad look alot nicer an dont get in the way for me at all

I'd like to see some pic's of nerf and propegs. was looking at getting a set but dont want to get the ones that hang lower than the frame if someone has pic's and can rember what ya paid that sure would be usefull to alot of us. tried to do a search didnt find much for pic's

i would go along with the safety side im sure the rear wheel on the Blaster would feel great on your leg. all i do is trail riding and i dont plan on getting them. you that say you dont have problems with them what size shoes are you wearing? lol

Ive never had a problem with geting stuck my rear skid or my frame will hit before my nerfs do. and i ride trails and my tracks

Never had a problem with my nerfs. i like them cuz if you hit a bump that you were not ready for and your feet slip off the pegs the nerfs catch them. They have saved me a few times.

i have a picture from my bad crash back in september, my friend hit a tree on his shee doin abt 110, and the nerf bars protect your feet, granted he snapped his femur but the neft bars protected his foot

They saved me on more than one occasion. Unfortunately there was a time when I ran twist throttle. I landed sideways over jumped a double, and my right foot in the nerf webbing wand my right hand were all that I was holding on with. I was basically falling off the right side. My right hand twisted down, and I hit the table top directly after the double completely out of control, and barely on, and broke my collarbone. So I never run twist throttle anymore. Just something to consider.

so i talked to a guy today and saw his leg from a accident on a Honda 400 i believe he said and it was all f*cked up. so i might reconsider and get some but is there another kind without the net? thats where my big ass feet get caught up lol

hey guys i just bought a pair of brand new thor boots but i can shift the gears.the boots are stiff anyone have this problem but my question is do i need nerf bars to use the boots.