need some jetting assistance!

lobes

Apr 22, 2009
massachusetts
98 blaster: aggressive port job from FLOTEK, bore: 67mm, head milled, VF3's, FMF pipe and silencer, moose filter w/ mesh outerwears lid, 3 degree timing advance mod, and a 28mm OKO carb.

where should i start for jet sizes? i get the idea of how to fine tune it, im just looking for a basic starting point so im not buying a bazillion sizes.

(as a side note, ive been told several times i should get a bigger carb, but quite frankly i dont have the extra dough to spend on one, so i gotta work with what ive got!)

any help would be appreciated guys! thanks!

yes as long as it is his port job, just be sure to include everything you have done for mods and figure out your elevation and tempuratures you ride so he can help as best he can. tell him your a member on the forum and he will help i bet.

Theres lots of jetting reading out there. Im still kinda trying to wrap my head around it, but a good rule of thumb for starting Im told, is to go rich as FACK on your main, till your bike bogs under WOT throttle. Then take it back jets until it stops bogging. Then you want to do some plug chops to determine the overall condition of the WOT run.

Fine tuning the needle and pilot jets are even trickier. Theres a sticky on Keihin carb tuning.

Okos use Keihin jets. All the stuff for Keihins apply to Okos.

Personally, I like to set the pilot first (after all idling is a good thing) then go with a fat main like Luni said, and work down until I like the WOT. Then it's a matter of how is the midrange power? Does it bog of idle? Stuff like that to determine what to do with the needle.

You can see in my sig what jets I'm currently running in my 28. It is still a bit fat but runs like a raped ape.

the problem herein, is that i just bought this cylinder off my buddy i work with thats parting out his blaster that had different carb, exhaust, reeds, etc. do you think he'd help me anyway?

man flotek is a great guy, he will definately help you and give you some recomendations. just ask. can you post some pics of the cylinder by any chance?