Need some guidance!!

Also watch KEN's Engine rebuild videos. Think there is 5 parts. There is also info on re-cambering and porting videos. Is good info to know even if you are not doing the work.

Pulled the top end apart had no oil in manifold piston had a lot of carbon buildup and some blow by. Also noticed some blueing where shaft meets top deal center!

That blueing on the crank is from it being assembled. ..that crank actually looks pretty mint.you only have to replace a crank if you have up and down play or alot of side to side play on the rod

Ken talks about the blueing in this video

Reactions: Markblaster
That blueing on the crank is from it being assembled. ..that crank actually looks pretty mint.you only have to replace a crank if you have up and down play or alot of side to side play on the rod

That's good news thanks!

I lernt something new today. :)

Oh and here is a video of a bad crank. :eek:

That looked bad! Mine sounded similar but once the top end was off it was smoothe again! Luckily my rod has very little movement!

Actually it should have NO perceptible up and down movement at TDC
and no rough spots in rotation.
Some sideways and angular movement within specs is acceptable.

Actually it should have NO perceptible up and down movement at TDC
and no rough spots in rotation.
Some sideways and angular movement within specs is acceptable.
Mine just has a little left to right movement but not up and down.

Reactions: best