Need Help With Engine Problem

chevyboy4

Oct 18, 2009
Middletown, RI
I bought a 2004 Blaster for my senior project for highschool to fix up the body and paint everything and all that good stuff. Problem is that it didnt run when I bought it, previous owner said the bottom-end might need to be rebuilt. I couldn't kickstart it so I thought the piston may have been seized, I pulled the top-end to make sure and saw that when I spun the flywheel I could make the piston drop down 1/2 way until it stops. I think it might be a broken camshaft that is keeping the piston from going all the way down.
Any ideas as to whatelse it might be and if i'm better off finding another bottom-end because it might be easier to bolt that in then to tear it apart and replace the camshaft.

1. they dont have a camshaft they have a crankshaft

2. doesnt sound like you know much about engine might be better off buying a diff bottom end off ebay

Are you talking CRANKSHAFT?????Im not a pro but i would look in the crankcase to make sure theres not something like a part of the piston or something.Try turning it both ways and see if it still binds up.

im with yb, you can get a used bottom end off ebay for under $200 easy. then you wont have to worry about the technical stuff.