need help on a new toy

yamaha blaster

Jun 15, 2008
Michigan
So gas is way to expensive to drive the truck around so I got to sell the 125 and trail boss to get an enduro. I guy I know is selling an 05 crf250x it has the head light, tail light, blinkers pretty much everything to be street legal. He wants a $2100 out of it which is a great deal kbb trade in 1800ish retail 2800ish, I just want to know what all of you think about it?

i say go for it. enduros are awesome. i would trade my banshee for a nice one in a heartbeat. i heard of a guy who turned his crf450 into a road legal bike. that would be the best!! and with gas getting expensive i am definitly getting one for the summer. even one for like 500 bucks that runs.

Oh yeah, sounds like a good trade. I'd go for it, too. Just remember that the suspension on these bikes is stiffer than a comparable motorcycle, so you may get tired on long trips. Around town and city-to-city, it should be great!

I'm with you on saving gas! I traded away my old riding mower for a motorcycle this fall. When it costs the almost the same to gas up two ATV's (that I ride for days on one tank of gas) as it does to fill up my truck (sometimes twice a week!), something's gotta give! :eek:

good deal we just helped my sponsor sell an new 2009 crf250x. They are not making X's right now so they are holding their value. they have not change much through the recent years

Description:

For the most demanding trail riders, the CRF250X does it all and has it all. It's the optimum balance between power and weight, size and handling. Powered by the same four-stroke Unicam engine as Honda's MX bikes, its tuned suspension and wide-ratio gearing makes it a great choice for off-road riding. And for more convenience on the trail, this model comes with electric starting. The CRF250X. It's definitely a better balanceand all Honda.

He allready has it street legal he's got the headlight of course stock, hes got blinkers, and a tail light and a mirror everything ya need. Im pretty sure I'm gunna do it but he said the idle circuit in the carb is gummed up (it sat for a couple years and got VERY LITTLE use) I've just never heard of an idle circuit? Have any of you?

He allready has it street legal he's got the headlight of course stock, hes got blinkers, and a tail light and a mirror everything ya need. Im pretty sure I'm gunna do it but he said the idle circuit in the carb is gummed up (it sat for a couple years and got VERY LITTLE use) I've just never heard of an idle circuit? Have any of you?

nice that another $300 - $400

carb mod info

has anyone done the frc carb mod? - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

same on 250
Some four strokes are known for a bog when you hit the throttle hard let off and hit it again. This is known to to help eliminate that problem. Some people hardwire FCR-MX AP Cam and adjust the throttle positions. Note this is for the CRF450r fcr carbs.... Also they take the top to hoses that run off the carb and redirect them to the air box. these two hoses are known for getting clogged and causing issues with performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so wait was the video dealing with the idle circuit? Cause I was thinking replace on the gas put new gas in with some sea-foam and go out and ride it for a tank and see if that clears it up.

or you can take the carb off an take it apart then spray carb cleaner through all the circuts. its all the lil port holes youll see in the carb. i have a 96 klr250 an it has the same problems cause the gas tank was all rusty. im actully gonna be selling it due to i never ride it anymore. ive cleaned the carb a million times already an i dont feel like sticking 300 dollars into a plastic tank. altho if i did i could be riding that around an getting 68mpg instead of the 12 i get with my lifted durango. lol

Okay so wait was the video dealing with the idle circuit? Cause I was thinking replace on the gas put new gas in with some sea-foam and go out and ride it for a tank and see if that clears it up.

just clean it yes spray carb cleaner, you should not have to replace anything

You can try removing the cover for the main jet. 17mm hex headed cover on the underside of the carb. This will allow you access to the jets. It's not your main jet that's clogged, it's the pilot jet, the smaller one off to the side, not to be confused with the choke jet. The pilot jet controls your idle circuit, hence why your bike won't idle. What I do at when I get a bike that won't idle and it's the carbs I remove the drain screw, blow brake/contact cleaner in it, then blow compressed air. If that won't clean it out then you'll have to remove the carb and give it a proper cleaning. You don't know if it's just the pilot or something else as well in the pilot circuit, a passageway or something else. You're best bet is to just remove it and give it a good once over. It's pretty easy. Remove the subframe or pivot it down. Loosen the top shock bolt and lower the rear wheel down and pull the shock out of the way. Now you've got room to get the carb out

carb mod info

has anyone done the frc carb mod? - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

same on 250
Some four strokes are known for a bog when you hit the throttle hard let off and hit it again. This is known to to help eliminate that problem. Some people hardwire FCR-MX AP Cam and adjust the throttle positions. Note this is for the CRF450r fcr carbs.... Also they take the top to hoses that run off the carb and redirect them to the air box. these two hoses are known for getting clogged and causing issues with performance.
YouTube - Carb Mod-ACC Pump.AVI

This is a mod if you see this when running normal
Some four strokes are known for a bog when you hit the throttle hard let off and hit it again. This is known to to help eliminate that problem.

Ok so I figured it would be easier if I copied the message straight from him so you all could read what was going on heres what he: the idle circuit in the carb is gummed a bit and needs to be cleaned so starting and keeping it running can be annoying, It will start with the choke full on and then as you reduce the choke it wants to die if you dont crack the throttle, once you reduce the choke and crack the throttle just the slightest it will run just fine, thats what tells me the idle circuit is the problem

I just want to be sure you all think thats what the issue is and not something in the motor.