Help w/ installing a brake switch on an old 1993 Blaster

Lindso

So far, I've caused 3 wrecks/2 hospitalizations because I don't have a brake light that illuminates when I hit the brakes. I don't understand why people continue to insist that I lead, but whatev, I warn them.

Anyway, I've read that first generation Blaster's did in fact come with an illuminating brake light, but only those sold in the far NE-US. Mine apparently was not manufactured for sale there, so I want to know;

• Do I need to find a brake switch assembly for a 1st gen Blaster, or are they universal through the 2006 models?
  • When I find one, do I have to splice into a power wire somewhere, or is there just an empty connector somewhere on the wire harness it will just plug into?
  • Anybody wanna sell me what I need to do this? I assume I'll need a new brake lamp as well that supports a 2-stage filament bulb, or an LED light or something.
As always, thank you for any help you guys can provide.

PFA

IMG_2119.jpg

Reactions: Markblaster
i don't have no clue?
but i do know that on 03-06
there is a spring and a wire sensor connector on the foot brake lever.
there is a spot it sits on the frame and connects to foot lever and wire is connected there
above under airbox/carb area.

but like i said i don't know cuz i never had a 88-02 blaster:eek:
there is these wiring diagrams butttt
says with and without brake switch's or lights?
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/stock-wiring-diagrams.51842/

i actually have 2 of them wiring brake sensor thingys
cuz i dis-connected them on my blasters:D
when i would hit the rear brake it was drawing power and i did not like that cuz i want POWA...
and a old brake light like the one you gots
i recent sacrificed one of the springs for a project ha ha.
someone will help on here but
just think about it it needs a sensor on brake lever for it to activate the bright brake.
also that rack on the back might be a problem if you install a diff light fixture assembly
although you could fab it up:)

Reactions: Jre720
Yeah man no worries, I'm gonna still study the link to try and make sense of it. I wouldn't be worrying about it if I wasn't always chosen to lead haha. And yeah fabbing up 2 little mounts to make a different brake light work wouldn't be a problem. Sounds like LED would be the way to go to limit power draw. Does anyone still make more powerful stators?

i actually have 2 of them wiring brake sensor thingys
cuz i dis-connected them on my blasters:D
when i would hit the rear brake it was drawing power and i did not like that cuz i want POWA...
and a old brake light like the one you gots
i recent sacrificed one of the springs for a project ha ha.
someone will help on here but
just think about it it needs a sensor on brake lever for it to activate the bright brake.
also that rack on the back might be a problem if you install a diff light fixture assembly
although you could fab it up:)

I noticed the power draw while riding the other night it was dimming my headlight I'm going to disconnect the brake light myself now