Need help jetting

blaster003

May 13, 2014
I have 2003 blaster tors removed 32:1 fmf gold series powercore 2 boyesen reeds kandn with outerwears no lid 260 main 32.5 pilot stock needle setting floats correct adjustment air screw is 1.5 turns out it will bog at 1/4 throttle no leaks fresh top end the plug is a gray color do I need to lean out the needle and put a bigger jet in it or what

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 283
Firstly the plug is the incorrect heat range for a YFS 200.

You need a B8es.

Secondly it looks like the plug was pulled out after a period of idling or slow revs.

The stock needle should be set on the middle clip, 32.5 pilot jet and a #290 main jet should be a good start to do a proper plug chop.

The idle and float level must to be correctly set.

Reactions: 08yfzman
The issue will most likely be needle related so try to move the clip down towards the point one notch. If its worse go up. If that don't fix it then you may need a different needle diameter

Post pic of filter, is it over oiled? Your bike should be about perfect at that jetting, I probably run a 270 main, but needle in middle, 32.5 pilot, an air screw 1.5, how is your spark? Is it nice bright blue/white?

I use 93 octane will a B8es effect it and I did have the filter oiled pretty good cause the next day some filter oil was in the airbox plug

The B8es is the correct heat range.

If the filter is over oiled it can cause the mixture to become too rich as the oil will restrict air flow.

did you put the 7 in to try to fix an issue or have you tried the 8 which is the correct plug.Put a b8es in do your filter again,go from there.

The correct heat range plug will allow the spark plug to do its job properly.

The wrong heat range will cause fouling or the electrode to glow and cause preignition.

You do not need either symptom.

This is my correct plug when I ran 260 main and 32.5 pilot with airbox lid off with same filter and fmf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Hard to see well , but if it were mine (taking into account of an over oiled filter) I would be using a #280, a #290 if you pre mix at 32:1.

How are you trying to get it to rev.

The main jet only comes into play at 3/4 throttle opening and above.

You may have non genuine jets, they are often not the correct size.

Is the float set correctly, have you adjusted the idle, is it a stock needle with the clip in the centre clip.

Have you removed all the extra oil from the air filter.