Need help about my blaster axel.

Anthony

Sep 9, 2010
Perham, Maine
hello im having trouble with my blaster nothing major i guess but, well i have an 2003 yamaha blaster runs good need a pipe and stuff but my axel isnt long enough and it rubs allot on one side and the other side i worn down the black plastic on the bottum it don't run. so i took off the black plastic on that one side and, know it rubs against the frame the bolted the plastic to it what should i do i don't really want to spend like 200 bucks or more on a new axel, whould spacers be the way to go. i jump my blaster but not like crasy jumps but deasent i guess.

is it cause ur tires are too big, i need a specific spot where its rubbin, i'd just put spacers or a wider axle on, it'd solve the rubbing issues

my tires are 22' 11 and were it rubs on the left side is ok near were you put your feet on yours if you look along the back of it and exendid u shaped medal peice is on their, it was were i took the black plastic off like on your yours is offand it rubs and if hard enough it slows me down and can really problly flip me if i did a donut on that side.

i have some ebay stud spacers on the front of mine, and they look work pretty well.

is it rubbing on both sides or just one or the other

An option would be to pick up a banshee axle, it's a direct replacement. It'll fit right in the blaster carrier with no issues and will give you about 2 inches more in width I believe. (I forget the exact amount) Get a axle and rear brake hub off ebay, shouldn't be more than $80. You need the banshee rear brake hub for it to work, FYI

actually since he has an 03 blaster, the brake hub is the same. the banshee axle is about 3.5" wider