Need clutch help!!!!!

1meanblaster

Sep 3, 2010
Kimball, MI
so 2 days ago i clogged a jet and took the carb apart and fixed that and with the new reeds i put on it the quad was running better than it ever has.. i was riding it for about an hour and it stalled cause it needed to be put on reserve. when i started it back up and pulled the clutch to go and put it in gear i found out i didnt have a clutch. so all said i got it apart. and the paart that the cable pulls on that pushes on a push rod is broke. and i went to take the push rod out and it wouldnt come out. and actually broke off! now i have about half of the pushrod stuck in the quad. how do i get it out????

You are supposed to have to push rods and a little metal ball. Why do you think the actuator is broke? Can you post some pictures? When I have to get the metal ball out I use a small screwdriver with a magnetic tip. If that doesn't work I use my trusty small shop vac. If you use a shop vac make sure you take the filter out.

Have you downloaded the manual yet?

that /\
the actuator should pull right up out, and 2 rods seperated by a ball
did you hold the clutch in too long at high speed ?
that welds the ball to one of the rods
gotta get it out and replace the rods and ball

you'll need 18, 21 and 22

rm1f02.jpg

found here...
2001 Yamaha Blaster 200 YFS200N CLUTCH Parts, 2001 Yamaha Blaster 200 YFS200N CLUTCH OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

when i took the first rod out it looks like i broke it off.. does anyone know how long it is? i can measure and see if i broke it off or if i welded the ball to it and broke it loose? and how do i get the second rod out?

when i took the first rod out it looks like i broke it off.. does anyone know how long it is? i can measure and see if i broke it off or if i welded the ball to it and broke it loose? and how do i get the second rod out?

/\ = \/

When I have to get the metal ball out I use a small screwdriver with a magnetic tip. If that doesn't work I use my trusty small shop vac. If you use a shop vac make sure you take the filter out.

the rod may look broke, thats doubtful, thats wear from the ball riding against it
try the magnetic screwdriver or big magnet (speaker magnet) taped to straight piece of coathanger.
or make an electro magnet using a coat hanger instead of the nail.........

/\ leave about 8-10" of unwrapped coat hanger to feed into the rod hole

if none of this works, the cases may need split to get the rod/ball out

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm trying everything so i dont have to split the case but i taped it a little bit with a screwdriver and it moved so maybe the elctro magnet