My needle position...

2001BlasterKiid

Oct 24, 2011
Southern Maryland
The instructions for my B1 pipe say to move the needle to the 3rd groove, where is the neede on the carb? I thoughtit was above the bowl but those screws are stripped, so what can I do?

well suck, might be looking for another slide. With a good screw driver, hold slide in one hand and lined ub as good as possible tap on driver as hard as possible. It will help loosen screws and maybe "renew" heads enough to get them out. Maybe throw a little heat on them from bottom side. Maybe long needle nose pliers?

Would think instructions would be calling to richen mid throttle

well suck, might be looking for another slide. With a good screw driver, hold slide in one hand and lined ub as good as possible tap on driver as hard as possible. It will help loosen screws and maybe "renew" heads enough to get them out. Maybe throw a little heat on them from bottom side. Maybe long needle nose pliers?

Would think instructions would be calling to richen mid throttle

I tried tapping it with a mallet but i got no where, Im gonna try needle nose pliers...

ya, you posted same time as I did. You could ride as is if you don't get screws out to change or check it, BUT 1. At your own risk. 2. avoid riding at that throttle posistion, either shift up or down. Would almost guess that you got pipe today and want to rip it. This would be for very short period of time, like just today.

If you drill a hole in a piece of softwood and then place the wood over a vice, or 2 blocks to allow the needle to go through without bottoming on anything, get a friend to hold the slide, whilst you , with a small cold chisel try to make small slots in the screws to allow you to remove them with a blade screwdriver.

And yes stock position for the needle is in the 2nd slot, if you are in +5 to -15 deg temps.

See, you can learn from old foggies. When you follow tips, advice, directions this stuff is easy as pie. I'll even give you a touch O'green.

By chance did you find some different screws for replacement? Also if it gets much colder go one size larger on main jet.