vitos forged ported piston
bored .20 over
stage 1 port and polish
dg pipe
fmf power core silencer
uni air filter
outer wears box lid
32:1 pre mix
dyno jet kit- put in the needle with the kit and i have a 360 main jet stock carb

is this a good general jet setup?

my mods...did i jet it right?

i would say no, mainly because of those junk dyno jet kits, they rarely contain or suggest the correct jets needed.
only one thing can tell you if it's jetted correctly....plug chops.
every bike is different, different temps and elevations ect.

360 main and a dyno needle = nonsense.

i've run the stock carb on quite a few engines in all states of tune , and about 5 different much better than DG, pipes.
none required anything but the stock needle on the middle clip, and no more than a 330 main jet.
you're way off with those numbers/needle stated above

genuine mikuni jets, stock needle and plug chops.....it is the only way :)

Last edited:
I'm with Awk too. The money that the jet kit costs, is about double the price of a few close Mikuni jets and a few plugs to chop.

The 360 main seems way to rich.....but you'll have to plug chop to see.

Put the stock needle back in with the clip on the middle slot and use the Dyno jet needle to clean the wax from your ears, the only thing they are good for.

If the #360 jet returns a good smoke ring then you should be looking for air leaks.

My jetting choice would be #280 - #290, #300 if it is cold weather.

lol ok, what exactly to do u mean by returns a good smoke ring?

this is a nicely colored smoke ring, left by 1 full throttle plug chop run

smokering.jpg

read: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

Reactions: ryguy21s22
after replacing my left and right crank seals and crank collar i almost positive i fixed my leak, LEAK TEST! i know lol just need to get the rubber bung. the store was out but one is coming in, im just wondering one thing, is it possible, because i didnt put a smaller jet in the carb its still a 360, is it possible for oil to still be coming out of my exhaust where it bolts up to the engine if i have to big of a main jet? because this is happening. it has a brand new exhaust gasket.

You need to change your jets still.

Order 280 290 and 300 size mikuni jets.
plug chop down

360 is waaaay to rich

Also, put the stock needle back in

ok, just curious why is that dyno jet needle so bad? curious is all, and will the jets from the kit be ok? it came with all those size jets

Jets are very specific, they must be within ten-thousandths.

the stock needle is the correct size on the stock carb.

If jets are not genuine mikuni jets, they wont be exactly the same size.

You can put those jet kit jets in, but we cant tell you an accurate number as we dont know how they run compared to mikuni. which means more plug chops for you

You can use any jet you want as long as you know how to plug chop to confirm your not rich or lean. The reason they are saying don't use the kit is because most are not genuine Mikuni jets and the jets in the kits are usually leftover jets that no one buys so they make kits out of them (the uncommon jet sizes). Stick with Genuine Mikuni jets because there held to a much stricter quality control to where as an off brand doesn't. Example: a #300 Mikuni main jet could be a #280-320 non Mikuni main jet but still be stamped #300..

As far as oil still coming out of your exhaust it could be residual oil left over but you know to leak test before riding..

ok thanks guys for curing my curiosity, i do not like not knowing why to things, all about expanding my knowledge...thnx again.

Im thinking of upgrading a lil as well. i just rebuit with vitos forged piston .020 over. I plan to remove air box lid.and use boyssen vforce reeds and run 32:1 premix...i went to jetsrus and got a range from 240-290 because i plan on using full fmf in the future...what range should i begin with with current mods & what should i begin with when i add fmf and k&n?